2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

For me it's more a case of looking for where we can possibly improve.

Ederson, Muric, Bravo

Walker, Danilo
Stones, Vinny, Garcia
Laporte,
Otamendi
Mendy, zinchenko, Delph

Fernandinho
De Bruyne, Foden
Silva, silva,
Gundogen

Sterling, Mahrez
Sane
Aguero, Jesus

The bold are for me the players who simply won't be leaving. The rest are areas that if the right person comes along it's a no brainer.
The 3 main areas for me are centre mid rotation option for Dinho. Another option for left wing and a genuine left back.
I've big concerns about Mendy - attitude, defense.
Not sure about Jesus. Aguero will stay but we need a world class replacement.
Otters should stay if he wants to; class player, very talented.

Are you suggesting we sell Jesus?
I'd trade him if we can get someone who Pep thinks is better. Otherwise I'd keep him to see how he progresses.

IMO - Jesus is fit for backup Striker - but as first choice striker in a club striving to be world best - I'm not at all convinced that he's anywhere near qualified.

Is Jesus as good as Messi?

Is Jesus as good as MBabppe?

Hell... is Jesus as good as Griezeman?

Point being - Jesus is OK - but he's not a top 10 striker for me.

I'd trade him if we can get someone who Pep thinks is better. Otherwise I'd keep him to see how he progresses.

IMO - Jesus is fit for backup Striker - but as first choice striker in a club striving to be world best - I'm not at all convinced that he's anywhere near qualified.

Wow, especially after the month he had, not sure whether to take you seriously.

The lad is 21, contracted until he's 26. He's got 15 goals in 30 appearances across all competitions with a goal every 108 minutes.

"Is Jesus as good as Messi?" Fuck sake, if that's the bar we're setting we better sell the whole squad.

Mbappe is a fantastic player but he is without a doubt playing against worse competition than Gabby. You're looking at 100m+ for Griezmann, 200m+ for Mbappe, and Messi isn't leaving Barca. We've shown in the last few transfer windows we don't want to meet the selling teams' demands, haggling the price down and in many cases, ultimately losing out on the player. You want us to try that with the most expensive players in the most expensive position?

I would be absolutely furious if we sold Gabby this summer.

Replace players in bold.
Ederson, Muric, Bravo

Walker, Danilo
Stones, Kompany, Laporte, Otamendi
Mendy, Zinchenko

Fernandinho, Delph
De Bruyne, D. Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo, Foden
Sterling, Mahrez, Sané

Aguero, Jesus

So that's a new back-up goalkeeper to challenge Ederson, a new left-back who can either replace Mendy or stand in for him, a centre-half to replace Otamendi, and I'd say we need a central midfielder who can deputise for Fernandinho before eventually replacing him.

Wow, especially after the month he had, not sure whether to take you seriously.

The lad is 21, contracted until he's 26. He's got 15 goals in 30 appearances across all competitions with a goal every 108 minutes.

"Is Jesus as good as Messi?" Fuck sake, if that's the bar we're setting we better sell the whole squad.

Mbappe is a fantastic player but he is without a doubt playing against worse competition than Gabby. You're looking at 100m+ for Griezmann, 200m+ for Mbappe, and Messi isn't leaving Barca. We've shown in the last few transfer windows we don't want to meet the selling teams' demands, haggling the price down and in many cases, ultimately losing out on the player. You want us to try that with the most expensive players in the most expensive position?

I would be absolutely furious if we sold Gabby this summer.

Agreed! Gabbys biggest problem is not getting a consistent run? I fucking love him and his movement on and off the ball is superb for a lad of his age! For the record pep loves him as well and gabby will be going nowhere

A few I think we should be considering-

Ndombele (Fern’s eventual replacement). If not him, I’d see if Chelsea would part with Kante.

Tierney (potential personified) and Pep would make him immense.

Zaha (has added consistency and maturity to his game now). I’d sell Mahrez and use the money for him.

David Brooks or Max Meyer - been really impressed every time I’ve watched both of these youngsters for Bournemouth and Palace. Get them in and get Gundogan gone.

Felipe Anderson. As above, older, but better than Gundogan and can play midfield and full back. A 2 for 1 player.

The perception we have about players has a lot to do with their status in the team. Compare Gabriel Jesus performances in the nt against Argentina and Uruguay with the performances of Higuain, Aguero, Suarez and Cavani and you see what i'm saying. The players who could really upgrade Gabriel Jesus are too old, or not getable(like Mbappe and Kane) or not CF(like Griezman and Dybala). The player i would bring to replace Gabriel Jesus is Icardi but i suspect Pep would not be interested in his style.

Also i saw talks about selling Walker...People should watch other clubs and leagues. I understand Walker is probably tired but its not easy to upgrade him. The best RB out there is Carvajal and is hardly wc. Its not a generation with great full backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.