2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Gundogan has now said he will discuss a new contract which is good news as I think he has now shown that he can play anywhere in the midfield. Initially he wasn't a good replacement for Fernandinho as his interceptions weren't great but in the last 14 games he has shown how good he is and clearly he is being well coached.

My view is that Gundogan will sign a new contract but because of past fitness concerns we will still buy 2 midfielders, creative cover for KDB (Bruno Fernandes) & holding cover for Gundogan & Fernandinho as I don't think we can rely on either one to stay fit all season.

I see us going for 3-5 players depending on departures Bruno Fernandes, Rodri & one or two defenders to replace Otamendi & Danilo and maybe another striker if Jesus or Sane leave. Either way its going to be a busy one methinks.

Which Allan? And Rodri isn't really like Dihno. Yelled is Okay. Ziyech isn't on our radar. And Wan-Bissaka is more of a defensive stopper. We need offensive help.

There’s only one Allan, the DM from Napoli.
Ziyech isn’t specifically on anyones radar, I’m just saying we should sign him, especially as he only has a £25mil buyout clause. Wan Bissaka used to be a winger, he’s very competent at being attacking but at Crystals Palace he’s been unable to show that quality very often. Guerrero from Dortmand is probably a better option than Telles too for LB, he’s great at attacking and can play in CDM or LW too.

We have one very unreliable/injury prone left back,one midfielder who's form has fell off the cliff,and another midfielder who is doing a fine job but lacks pace and,occasionally,defensive awareness - so,we need a left back.
who are the two mids that have lost form and lack pace/defensive awareness. I understand where you are coming from on the left back but there is Mendy, zinchenko and delph. Priority needs to be elsewhere.

There’s only one Allan, the DM from Napoli.
Ziyech isn’t specifically on anyones radar, I’m just saying we should sign him, especially as he only has a £25mil buyout clause. Wan Bissaka used to be a winger, he’s very competent at being attacking but at Crystals Palace he’s been unable to show that quality very often. Guerrero from Dortmand is probably a better option than Telles too for LB, he’s great at attacking and can play in CDM or LW too.
I know Wan Bissaka is a converted Winger, but he isn't or couldn't have been a good one. I've watched him going forward, doesn't have the crossing talent nor the movement skills. He is fantastic as a recovery defender.

One thing is for sure, we can’t stay still and just make one signing like last year. We need probably 2-3 on top of any unforeseen departures. We can’t leave it too late to start replacing aging stars. In the next two years, david silva, kompany, Fernandinho and Aguero all need replacing which is a monumental task. There’s also players like walker that’ll be in his 30’s by then.

We must not do what we did under pellegrini and have too many players over the age of 30. Ederson, stones,Laporte, mendy, zinchenko, foden, Bernardo, kdb, sterling, sane, Jesus. That’s the future core at present, an excellent foundation but this summer we need to add at least 2-3 to that list. A dinho replacement, a fullback and striker/winger would balance that core.

If Leroy is to be going this summer, we need to be looking at Nicolas Pepe. Been putting out Sterling like numbers (albeit in the French league) but looks to be a great prospect. Pace, power and an eye for goal. Raheem on the left and Pepe on the right would make for a powerful combination I think if we are to lose Leroy.

who are the two mids that have lost form and lack pace/defensive awareness. I understand where you are coming from on the left back but there is Mendy, zinchenko and delph. Priority needs to be elsewhere.

Mendy - not fit and not a good defender
Zin - out of position and not a top defender
Delph - rarely fit and not a defender

so how do you make out we are well set for LB?

Mendy - not fit and not a good defender
Zin - out of position and not a top defender
Delph - rarely fit and not a defender

so how do you make out we are well set for LB?
I think you are doing both Mendy and Zinchenko a great disservice there. Stats can lie but Oleks has played 22 and won 22 in the league. Just saying.
Delph - yeah get rid, fallen off a cliff this season and don't see a way back for him. Involved in most of our lowest moments this season, often directly.

I think you are doing both Mendy and Zinchenko a great disservice there. Stats can lie but Oleks has played 22 and won 22 in the league. Just saying.
Delph - yeah get rid, fallen off a cliff this season and don't see a way back for him. Involved in most of our lowest moments this season, often directly.
Mendy has never proved himself a competent defender (good going fwd) but not sound when having to defend imo and with his injuries, is not likely to
Zin has a brilliant outlook but if you take the BT specs off and assess his defensive ability, there are many shortcomings

All IMO of course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.