2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by CityInWashingtonState, 31 Jan 2019.

1. xgorton

xgorton

Window opens on Thursday, they need need to be quick with the ban LOL.

2. richards30

richards30

thats why that report is bollocks

3. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

Id be happy if we kept the current squad and just added another midfield player a long term replacement for fernandinho.

4. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

When you see the names ndidi and maguire on here and people actually question txixi and soriano.

bellbuzzer likes this.
  5. badaz52

badaz52

Gundogan has now said he will discuss a new contract which is good news as I think he has now shown that he can play anywhere in the midfield. Initially he wasn't a good replacement for Fernandinho as his interceptions weren't great but in the last 14 games he has shown how good he is and clearly he is being well coached.

My view is that Gundogan will sign a new contract but because of past fitness concerns we will still buy 2 midfielders, creative cover for KDB (Bruno Fernandes) & holding cover for Gundogan & Fernandinho as I don't think we can rely on either one to stay fit all season.

I see us going for 3-5 players depending on departures Bruno Fernandes, Rodri & one or two defenders to replace Otamendi & Danilo and maybe another striker if Jesus or Sane leave. Either way its going to be a busy one methinks.

6. isaac_88

isaac_88

There’s only one Allan, the DM from Napoli.
    Ziyech isn’t specifically on anyones radar, I’m just saying we should sign him, especially as he only has a £25mil buyout clause. Wan Bissaka used to be a winger, he’s very competent at being attacking but at Crystals Palace he’s been unable to show that quality very often. Guerrero from Dortmand is probably a better option than Telles too for LB, he’s great at attacking and can play in CDM or LW too.

7. NoahCity

NoahCity

who are the two mids that have lost form and lack pace/defensive awareness. I understand where you are coming from on the left back but there is Mendy, zinchenko and delph. Priority needs to be elsewhere.

8. Dax777

Dax777

I know Wan Bissaka is a converted Winger, but he isn't or couldn't have been a good one. I've watched him going forward, doesn't have the crossing talent nor the movement skills. He is fantastic as a recovery defender.

9. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

One thing is for sure, we can’t stay still and just make one signing like last year. We need probably 2-3 on top of any unforeseen departures. We can’t leave it too late to start replacing aging stars. In the next two years, david silva, kompany, Fernandinho and Aguero all need replacing which is a monumental task. There’s also players like walker that’ll be in his 30’s by then.

We must not do what we did under pellegrini and have too many players over the age of 30. Ederson, stones,Laporte, mendy, zinchenko, foden, Bernardo, kdb, sterling, sane, Jesus. That’s the future core at present, an excellent foundation but this summer we need to add at least 2-3 to that list. A dinho replacement, a fullback and striker/winger would balance that core.

10. blueballs84

blueballs84

If Leroy is to be going this summer, we need to be looking at Nicolas Pepe. Been putting out Sterling like numbers (albeit in the French league) but looks to be a great prospect. Pace, power and an eye for goal. Raheem on the left and Pepe on the right would make for a powerful combination I think if we are to lose Leroy.

liluzivertisthegoat likes this.