2020/21 Predictions

Only my gut feeling but I think we'll struggle for the first month or so because of no decent preseason, new players bedding in, new players arriving late, Aguero injury etc. Then put our heads down and push hard for the rest of the season.
I have it in my head (heart) that we'll win the league and FAC as a minimum.

Win 4th place trophy and Micky Mouse cup before it's put out of it's misery. Last year saw most of the big teams beat us on a regular basis, that's difficult to turn around in one season. Need a signing to show our intent to get back on top - a striker that'll snaffle the easy chances we consistently fail to put away.

Still think we’re short of a top right centre back, left back and striker (with Aguero’s injury record & age). Centre midfield pairing of Gundogan and Rodri worries me.

Unless we correct those issues, I don’t see us winning the league at all.

At the moment, I would say in the race for top four.

I think Covid and a crazy fixture schedule makes this season wide open. City have got as good a chance of winning the title as Liverpool. The top six will be stronger with Wolves, a renewed Arsenal, Spurs, and Everton. Everyone will drop points. There could be a surprise winner.

If we signed a quality mobile, defensively solid DM I'd a lot more upbeat about our chances, as I think Bern, Phil, and Kev all together could really tear up the league this season. Dippers aren't, Chelsea aren't, no one is a match for the creative brilliance of those three.

Our backline with a fit Laporte, Walker, Fern, and Eddie at the back is still very solid, but any backline would be up against it having the opposition stroll through the middle on transitions, regardless of their quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.