2020-21 World Best 11

BlueMoonAcrossThePond

Team supported
Manchester City
Who do you think are the best starting 11 in world football for the 2020-21 season? - include a starting lineup.

Lately I don't watch enough football to be sure at all of my opinion - but I'd include KDB, Dias and Edders (controversially) at least from our squad in my side.

At any rate, who are your starting 11 best footballers - it's fun for arguments sake - and maybe will turn some of us on to a new potential transfer target.

Last edited:
So here's my very incomplete lineup:
Ederson*
x? Dias x? x?
x? KDB? x?
x? Halaand x?

* Controversial for sure - but his distribution is far better than anyone other than Ter Stegen - and distribution from the keeper is part of world football nowadays. Prefer Ederson over Ter Stegen though - and hence my selection.

Other players I'd like to include: Mbappe, Neymar.

Last edited:
Tough one but the players who have really impressed me, when I have seen them:

Ter Stegen
Alp davies Van Dijk Dias Hakimi
Kimmerich Verrati
De Bruyne
Messi Lewandowski Mbappe

Yes I know van dijk is in there, and he has been injured most of the year, but he was pretty influential start of 2020.

Although I detest Neymar with every fibre of my being... I cannot help but see that he'd be part of my best 11. I'd warp lineups to include him.

Ter Stegan v. Ederson... I guess I have blue-tinted glasses on. I prefer Ederson - as Ederson is the (slightly) better passer - but maybe Ter Stegan is the better shot stopper.

This will depend hugely on the last few games in the Champions League as well as the Euros.

As it stands:

______________Oblak
___Kimmich____Dias______Marquinhos
_____________Verratti
____de Bruyne________Gündogan
Messi_______________________Mbappé
________Kane_____Lewandowski

Haaland can feel extremely unlucky not to make the team.

Ok looks like I'll be the first then...
Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko
Foden
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Jesus
Aguero
Mahrez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.