Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't have a "US Politics 2021 Thread"?
Yeah at this point that’s probably a good call.
Agreed on a US politics thread. What we should have though is a ‘German Politics Thread 2021’ because Merkel bows out this year and what happens in Germany and Europe as a whole will have more impact on us than what happens in the US, purely by dint of location and the fact we have strapped ourselves to a trade deal which cedes control to the EU.

Trouble is, no one has a clue about German or European politics, even more worrying is that this ignorance extends to the UK media and UK political classes.

Which kind of explains why we fucked it up on Brexit and keep fucking it up.

That’s essentially what this thread is right now.

The problem we have had in the past (I know, I’ve been the one left taking care of it, but I am not around as often now) is formally merging the debate in to a mega thread (i.e. getting rid of the Trump and Biden threads) leads to the need for even heavier moderation. It seems like it should do the opposite — I know I have thought that in the past, and advocated for combined topic threads — but it usually just adds to the handbags, off-topic hijacks, and WUMing, in part for the same reasons Bob mentions.

I’ll see if Ric is up for it but we’ve been down this road before and I am fairly sure what will happen later on.

That’s essentially what this thread is right now.

The problem we have had in the past (I know, I’ve been the one left taking care of it, but I am not around as often now) is formally merging the debate in to a mega thread (i.e. getting rid of the Trump and Biden threads) leads to the need for even heavier moderation. It seems like it should do the opposite — I know I have thought that in the past, and advocated for combined topic threads — but it usually just adds to the handbags, off-topic hijacks, and WUMing, in part for the same reasons Bob mentions.

I’ll see if Ric is up for it but we’ve been down this road before and I am fairly sure what will happen later on.
I’d rather the Biden thread kept separate and then Bigga can shout and stomp and ‘what about’ on his own in there with no one giving him the oxygen he craves tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.