21/22 Early Leavers

Who's obsessed?

I answered a post on a football forum, I have never said anything to the people who waste their money on a weekly basis.

Hard not to notice them walking past you in your row as they leave rather than looking for them leaving but yeah well played.

Like I said imagine missing the Aguero moment to beat the traffic lol
There a few of those that day. I was still in my seat pondering on what to say to the rag steward at my local club!!!

Did all those early leavers switch off their TVs with 10 minutes to go when there were no fans in the stadium?
Ha ha, shamefully underliked post.

Bet they were all scratching their fuckin heads when the ref blew full time with his hand in the air.

I feel sorry for the players sometimes when they have put in a great performance and grounds half empty with 5 mins to go, however the traffic is a nightmare and public transport a disaster so I do understand why. Put on more trams/buses and get Alan Turing Way flowing after a game by making a green wave and it would probably stop people going so early.

The lad who sits behind comes in 10 mins late for 90% of games, and then gets really angry about people leaving early. I don't think he even realises they are only missing as much of the game as he does, makes me smile every week.

Worst bit about the early leavers is that they cause everyone to stand up in front of you, so you start missing the game, then you get a chain reaction of other people who start to panic. And before you know it there's loads of them making a run for it. People are on the edge of their seats twitching, looking at the clock...

I'm gonna chill my beans this season, especially on a weekend kick-off. Wait till everyone clears out, then leisurely stroll to Wagamama's or Pizza Express, have a bite to eat and go home without any fuss. Just like the tourists do. Why end the day on a sour note after a decent game of football?
To avoid the rush, leave your seat with 10 mins to go and go for a liesurely cig in the bogs till it dies down.

I can recall going to occasional matches at Old Trafford in the 1960s and seeing the departures starting on the hour mark. No doubt they were trying to ‘beat the traffic’. It always puzzled me why anyone would pay for a match and leave two thirds of the way through.

Obviously people may have a good reason for an early departure. I have probably left early on three or four occasions. Once we had tickets for a concert in Leeds and left ten minutes early to ensure a quick getaway. I would never criticise anyone for leaving early but I am confused as to why anyone would do it every match.

I was in London for some reason in the early 1970s and went to a match between West Ham and Leeds. Leeds were doing their usual job of getting a one or two goal lead and then defending in depth. With the score at 2-0, I had enough and left after 80 minutes. Typically as I was walking away from Upton Park, two loud roars came up. West Ham made it 2-2. Leeds then came back to win 3-2. That experience made me very reluctant to ever leave a match early no matter how predictable the result appeared to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.