21/22 Early Leavers

I just can't get my head around why people would wait 18 months to watch their team play with a new record signing on and blitzing a team in the first game of the season on an August afternnon and they want to go home with a quarter of the match still to play.
Do they go to the cinema and stay for an hour?

Don't think it matters mate, I really don't. No matter what the scoreline is or who the opponents are..they will up and leave. They have blamed 'crazy kick-off times' and here we have a good old fashioned 3pm kick-off after not going to a match for 18 months and it's makes no difference.

At the end of the day, it's just a habit that people get into.
Yeah maybe some people will just get into the habit of leaving early but compare the exodus on Saturday with a game where we’re chasing a late winner and the stands will be a lot fuller in the latter

I just can't get my head around why people would wait 18 months to watch their team play with a new record signing on and blitzing a team in the first game of the season on an August afternnon and they want to go home with a quarter of the match still to play.
Do they go to the cinema and stay for an hour?
Well get your head round this, I went the game on saturday and had to be in work in Runcorn for 6:15 after dropping my son off in warrington. Leaving on 90 mins enables me to do this just about do this, wait until the final whistle, not a chance of being in on time

With no consideration for anyone else who’s view of the game as they leave or for that matter for the team who must be dispirited by the site of the leavers
Think you’re setting the consideration bar unusually high there pal, they’re in your line of vision for what half a second.

The team aren’t dispirited at all. It’s a myth put about by needy fans. They’re highly trained highly motivated professional sportsmen - fans are neither here nor there to em, last season proved that

Think you’re setting the consideration bar unusually high there pal, they’re in your line of vision for what half a second.

The team aren’t dispirited at all. It’s a myth put about by needy fans. They’re highly trained highly motivated professional sportsmen - fans are neither here nor there to em, last season proved that
Last season proved that fans matter.

Home advantage was significantly decreased because there were no fans in the stadium.

Last season proved that fans matter.

Home advantage was significantly decreased because there were no fans in the stadium.
Yeah but there’s no evidence to suggest that was because players were less motivated. It’s much more likely to be down to the fact that refs weren’t so pitifully biased towards home teams without fans screaming for decisions.

Yeah but there’s no evidence to suggest that was because players were less motivated. It’s much more likely to be down to the fact that refs weren’t so pitifully biased towards home teams without fans screaming for decisions.
Possibly. But don't forget if the fans leave with 15 minutes to go, that's 15 minutes less 'referee influencing' time ;-)

said this before, having the games on the screens in the forecourt and big screen outside the ground doesnt help.

Switch them off and that will stop a few heading out earlier.

Improve the public transport for after the game

Not sure games are screened outside on the big screen and 5 mins after HT, the games on the concourse are also switched off (at least in EL3)

I will say it again, we dont want Blue on Blue, just accept that some fans will leave early it has always happened, its down to the individual, drop it and Stick Together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.