21/22 Early Leavers

Some thoughts on this, with a question I don't really know the answer to for sure. Hopefully I don't offend anyone with it.

Does anyone think the newer generation of fans are more likely to stay for the full match? The reason being, because they are only used to seeing good football(mostly). So it's more about watching the game for them, than it is seeing their friends and the social aspect of being a supporter. Maybe it will change organically over time, if that's the case.

Last edited:
Some thoughts on this, with a question I don't really know the answer to for sure. Hopefully I don't offend anyone with it.

Does anyone think the newer generation of fans are more likely to stay for the full match? The reason being, because they are only used to seeing good football(mostly). So it's more about watching the game for them, than it is seeing their friends and the social aspect of being a supporter. Maybe it will change organically over time, if that's the case.
Not sure about that. Personally I think it is a mixture, as always, of some young some older. I know that a couple of the older people around me wait until the very end and after the crowd has died down and they feel safer negotiating the stairs. That could of course just be round me because I am down at the front.

However the youngsters on my row leave with 5 and 10 minutes to go so, as I say, swings and roundabouts. :-)

The social aspect is definitely the most important for me these days. Seeing friends every couple of weeks during the season is brilliant. If we didn't have the football we would all have something we needed to do and it would be so much more difficult to get regular meet ups. The football is a bonus. Love the football now and loved it when we were in the second division. Nowadays I feel down for an hour or so after we lose but ok after that. Wins make me feel good for very much longer.

He may or may not be a superfan. He's certainly making a bigger contribution to the matchday experience and the wider perception of the club than someone who leaves early.
Not true.

Wow, are you actually going down the “I’m a better fan than you road” ?

“Wider perception of the club” ??- a few rag teenagers sat in their bedrooms at home taking time out from wanking to write Emptihad on Twitter

Jesus I didn’t expect such nonsense from you

Not true.

Wow, are you actually going down the “I’m a better fan than you road” ?

“Wider perception of the club” ??- a few rag teenagers sat in their bedrooms at home taking time out from wanking to write Emptihad on Twitter

Jesus I didn’t expect such nonsense from you
We (City) take a hammering for the empty seats from all sides; the mainstream media and the clowns they influence.

It reflects badly on the club and I don't like it.

Early leavers are free to do what they want, they paid for their ticket after all, but let's not pretend they aren't damaging the club's reputation.

As someone who'd never leave early I think it's perfectly reasonable to call them out on their lukewarm support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.