#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to temper our expectations here. He’s had the odd invisible game, like Spurs. This is entirely normal at his age.

All the signs are there, he could be a monster. Elements of Ronaldo and Fernando Torres in him for sure.
For the Spurs game I put that down more to us not being able to move the ball better. We had Mendy and Ake who aren't as good in possession as Cancelo and Laporte. He didn't get much service because Spurs were pressing only when the ball crossed the halfway line, winning it and countering. With Torres though you can see he's a finisher. Everything I've seen from him is he knows where the back of the net is. He just needs chances to bury it.

Agree with temper the mood comments. He can do it against the average and poor teams but hasn't shown that potential yet against a big teams or more accurately a decent centre back pairing. Was disappointed in the Leicester cup game too. He might get another chance in two weeks.

Great to see his movement highlighted on Match of the Day. The more he plays, the more confident he will become and the more others will become used to the movements he will make. A good performance from a great prospect.

The thing I like most about him is that he’s always expecting the mistake by the defender. He’s on his front foot/his toes which is exactly what we need.

Agree with temper the mood comments. He can do it against the average and poor teams but hasn't shown that potential yet against a big teams or more accurately a decent centre back pairing. Was disappointed in the Leicester cup game too. He might get another chance in two weeks.
List of “world class” strikers who only do it against average and poor teams:

Suarez
Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.