#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a winger, he hasn’t got that burst of pace to get past a full back.
Not all great wingers are fast...
I 'll probably get laughed at here..but Oldhams Ricky Holden
Had the ball control.which he exhibited to great effect in the top division, as it were,then.
Holden was slow.but the ball was stuck to his feet.And when he got his cross in...it was devastating...for example City 1 Oldham 4
When Roger Palmer (ooh!) Scored a Hatrick....Holden had quick feet,brilliant ball control and could pick out Palmer at the back post with a deliberate high cross,slung over,for Palmer to bury in the net.
Great footballers,do not have to have pace.its the ball control which is all important.

He is 21.
Not 17.
Still a kid.Many youngsters learn their trade on loan in lower leagues or don't even make their debut until a similar age.

As for last night.....very quiet and lacking an influence of previous games.He is far less effective playing wider.

Only watched the first half last night. I thought he did OK in general against a tough left back, but when he did beat him on the outside his crossing was abysmal.

Had the ball control.which he exhibited to great effect in the top division, as it were,then.
Holden was slow.but the ball was stuck to his feet.And when he got his cross in...it was devastating...for example City 1 Oldham 4
When Roger Palmer (ooh!) Scored a Hatrick....Holden had quick feet,brilliant ball control and could pick out Palmer at the back post with a deliberate high cross,slung over,for Palmer to bury in the net.
Great footballers,do not have to have pace.its the ball control which is all important.
Given how terrible Holden was for City, I think a better example would be John Robertson at Forest, a slow but brilliant player who won one European Cup with an assist and another with a winning goal

A gifted player. Has a nose for goal. And he's young and will likely get better.

But really?... is Torres a world class striker/winger?... 1st choice starter of vying for first in a top club such as Manchester City?
===
No. Not at all. Torres has potential for sure - and we should hold on to him unless given a substantial offer.

But he does not appear to be a world class striker/winger - and I think most City fans would agree that we would dramatically improve if we can sign a top striker.
===
For me... the past summer window didn't offer much in terms of striker talent - although we were keen on Kane (thank God that fell through).

Next summer window I expect that we'll sign a promising striker - but not a recognized top top talent - in keeping with our recent signing pattern (i.e. - I don't think that we'll sign Haaland or MBappe).

aee72fd7530ce5deae7209ffe6df76c0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.