#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of his movement in the semi final game was amazing, there's defo something there, dare i say it that he has the movement traits (maybe even finishing) of Sergio. What he doesn't have is that low centre of gravity and power that Sergio had, but i remember a game against Newcastle where he got a double last season and he has very underrated ability at holding the ball up and bringing people into play.

Given how terrible Holden was for City, I think a better example would be John Robertson at Forest, a slow but brilliant player who won one European Cup with an assist and another with a winning goal
Agreed.
I deliberately suggested Holden as an Oldham player as he was consistently effective there far ,m9rmore e so than at City,but still,in my view a good example of a ball playing winger who did not rely on speed.

John Robertson of course is a much much better example........played on the left wing by Clough despite being right footed. Slow deliberate approach, often dribbling the ball/ taking the ball up to the fullback with his right foot,before switching to his left to beat the full back,reaching the dead ball line to put in a deadly cross..Robertson was basically overweight but the body swerve and 5 yard dash to the bye-ine were carried out at high speed!..The European cup final against Malmo was the most devastating example of this,crossing for Francis to head in,unmarked at the far post.

A year later..,European cup final v Hamburg Robertson, faced the world's best right back Manny Kaltz...,cut inside from the left wing and curled home the only goal,a right footed shot from distance......Robertson also took all his pens for Forest with his right foot...a truly gifted player,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.