#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s quite an inspirational person. He’s walking proof that you can be successful despite doing fuck all.

He’s won multiple PL titles, domestic cups and the World Cup despite weakening every side he plays for.

I feel for the lad as injuries have robbed him of reaching his potential. When we signed him I was hoping for a player with the best attributes of Clichy and Kolarov, in a pacey full back who could cross a ball. In reality we’ve got a player who is essentially Gael Clichy without the pace.
Very harsh on clichy that. Mendy in a city shirt has been utter turd

Yep Not his fault today. He is just crap. It’s not like what we are seeing is unexpected. It’s Peps fault for keep playing him. Surely that’s his last game for us unless the odd dead rubber at the end of season. Walker/Cancelo and Zinchenko can rotate those positions although the way Cancelo is playing currently it would be Walker and Zinchebko for most games for me now.
I really like Mendy but he was just awful again today, I thought he was going to be a really great player for us but his major injuries have taken their toll, not many players could get back from the sort of injuries he has had, but thats hard luck for him, I'm sorry to say he just should not play for us again.

Try this as a litmus test. Work down the current Lge standings and stop When you find a team where he’s better than what they’ve got at left back?

Before his injury, (whilst he wasn't in the top category of left backs) he was still more than capable of doing job for our team, 5-0 vs Liverpool and the Feyernoord game, plus his two games against us in the Champions League for Monaco. and playing a part in winning Ligue 1. He is finished at the club as a main starter but he is still a squad player at City and the season is not yet finished

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.