23rd Sept 1989

Back of the Kippax that day and said to my bestie when the teams came out. "No Robson and McClairs head is fucked, we're in with a shout today".
A day of days I put up there with the Charlton game, Notts County away, Blackburn away, the sick swan and QPR. I count myself lucky to have been at all but 1 of them.

Platt Lane end almost empty with 20 minutes to go was a beautiful sight.

At the time wasn't that rag squad the most expensive ever in football league history?

They had spent a lot of money think Ince and Danny Wallace made their debuts that day. Sure Gary Pallister was playing wasn’t he the most expensive centre back in the world at the time?

Think that was my favourite day on the Kippax. I think, if truth be told however, like the 6-1, the score-line flattered us a little. Can only think of an Ian Brightwell effort (where he slid in and missed the ball from a cross from White at 2-0) that resembled a clear goal scoring opportunity beyond our goals that day.

The Derbies of March 2014 and November 2018 found us far more dominant. We absolutely controlled both those games.

Hard for me to call which of those four is my favourite (league) Derby, but I think March 2014 just edges it. We absolutely brutalised United that night and were on completely another level to them.

All mint in their own way, though.

Edit: November 2002 was pretty fucking mint too tbf!

Think that was my favourite day on the Kippax. I think, if truth be told however, like the 6-1, the score-line flattered us a little. Can only think of an Ian Brightwell effort (where he slid in and missed the ball from a cross from White at 2-0) that resembled a clear goal scoring opportunity beyond our goals that day.

The Derbies of March 2014 and November 2018 found us far more dominant. We absolutely controlled both those games.

Hard for me to call which of the four is my favourite (league) Derby, but I think March 2014 just edges it. We absolutely brutalised United that night and were on completely another level to them.

All mint in their own way, though.

Edit: November 2002 was pretty fucking mint too tbf!

I enjoyed the home derby in 13/14 - 4-1 and could easily have been more...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.