23rd Sept 1989

Great day to be a blue after that game, had a really bad week leading up to the game didn't fancy going because of the week I had but I went that result saved me somewhat.

Apart from the qpr goal I don’t think I’ve ever been as overwhelmed by hysteria as when the 2nd goal went in here. Two goals in a minute against them - bedlam.

Was living down in Cornwall for 3 years from 87,drove up for the game sat near front of North stand great day.Also drove up for the Boxing day game at Stoke 1-3.

My first derby.
I remember on the way back into Manchester after the match on the match special bus.
The driver was a blue and put 5 1 as the bus number.
Saw loads of Rag mardarses walking back to town after leaving early.
The driver beeping every one of them and a bus full of blues waving and showing them 5 fingers.

the lad i used to go home and away with had to miss this game ,he had a wedding in london, he didnt miss many games home or away, he also missed the 10-1 haha.

the white hart in cheadle got tasty on that night ,watching match of the day, like a wild west scene :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.