23rd Sept 1989

Yes Pallister was the most expensive, Bruce and robson were injured, but we had Clive Allen and Andy Dibble missing with Paul Cooper in net. What an amazing day, when I heard that Robson was out I really thought we had a chance, we started the game a bit shaky but after the restart because of the rags causing trouble we just set about them. Awesome, Lake and Bishop were brilliant, with Morley and Oldfield also unplayable!
We had Neil McNab out too

Two threads were started on this topic. One titled "Happy" (and yes I got the follow up in the thread itself) and the other titled "Well soneone had too.."
I merged the two threads and thought it would attract more traffic if a more specific title was given. No power trip.
I was only kidding mate! I’d assumed it was a merging as per standard practice

Like the 5-1, we appeared to take our foot off the gas, when we had a huge lead with around a third of the game remaining.
No question, but Manuel had other priorities than further humiliation of the rags, though like every one else inside Etihad that day, I wished we’d really gone for the jugular, as I'm convinced not only that we would have scored more, bu shrek wouldn’t have scored their consolation.

Knew it was in as soon as it left his boot, then pandemonium in the scoreboard end. We were the ultimate "noisy neighbours" in that game
Still my wildest celebration in an away end. Pandemonium is a word I use regularly to describe it. I think it was the game where I developed a hatred for the rags. Before then I just didn’t like them. Got chased through Piccadilly gardens, spat at and abused from the c##ts in the K stand above us. The release when that goal went in was amazing. Still get tingles when I see the fans go up when it hits the back of the net.

Still my wildest celebration in an away end. Pandemonium is a word I use regularly to describe it. I think it was the game where I developed a hatred for the rags. Before then I just didn’t like them. Got chased through Piccadilly gardens, spat at and abused from the c##ts in the K stand above us. The release when that goal went in was amazing. Still get tingles when I see the fans go up when it hits the back of the net.
Closely followed by Aston Villa away when Reid scored our second.

How did you get your username, mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.