23rd September 1989

I'd started going 12 years earlier but this was the first time I'd seen us beat them live

Looking back the Rags were shit at the time, just that we were shitter... so it wasn't the biggest shock result ever... it was just cos it was them

I was a cock sure 20 Yr old on that balmy Saturday afternoon stood on the Kippax with all my mates from Heywood.
Thought life couldn't be sweeter than that game and result.
The banter that night in Heywood against the Rags was almost as memorable.
We had our town back if only for a week or two and it was great

15 years-old, my first derby game stood on the Kippax with my mates, my first time seeing us beat the bastards outside of the FA Youth Cup Final and the Arthur Albiston testimonial that summer.

Still remember to this day trying to climb back on to the wall halfway down the Kippax after the opening goal and then suddenly seeing a fucking wave of delirium heading right for me as the second goal went in moments later.

Absolutely frightening. Absolutely perfect.

if memory serves ( probably not) didn't we go to Derby shortly after and get pumped by 6?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.