23rd September 1989

The only one hurt here it seems is you!!
It'll always be (March 1970 onwards) my favourite and happiest home game I attended at MR.

The fact others love it too is brilliant.

The score/date are used by me in various security bits on the www & in life in general, that way I get reminded of it daily.

I laugh at miserable people who can't enjoy a City win after the game is over, in this case I find it baffling.

It'll always be (March 1970 onwards) my favourite and happiest home game I attended at MR.

The fact others love it too is brilliant.

The score/date are used by me in various security bits on the www & in life in general, that way I get reminded of it daily.

I laugh at miserable people who can't enjoy a City win after the game is over, in this case I find it baffling.
I think I possibly enjoyed the last Maine Road derby a bit more on reflection. Maybe it was finishing the day singing songs about Gary Neville in The 4 in Hand that did it.

“He’s the greatest M****h bastard that the world has ever seen”

“Gary Neville, feed the goat and he will score”

“gary Neville is a blue, he feeds Goater” etc

I think I possibly enjoyed the last Maine Road derby a bit more on reflection. Maybe it was finishing the day singing songs about Gary Neville in The 4 in Hand that did it.

“He’s the greatest M****h bastard that the world has ever seen”

“Gary Neville, feed the goat and he will score”

“gary Neville is a blue, he feeds Goater” etc
That was certainly up there but the '89 game was the zenith for me maybe my age?

Like I said, each to their own. I'm sure they're really hurting about it when it crops up on a City forum.
I think the bit you don’t get if you weren’t there is the drama of the day. Kippax was mental an hour before kick off - the bit up against the rags was like a war zone and this just cranked the atmosphere into the red before it kicked off even. Then the fear returned as they battered us without scoring before it kicked off in the NS. After we got back onto the pitch the roller coaster started - there was a second of disbelief when we scored - literally a pause as nobody could believe it - cue bear pit - 3 minutes later I can finally breath 40 yards from where I started having lost all my mates - turn around to look at the pitch to see Lakey take a shot - saved then Tricky Trevor pokes it in - never in my life have I been part of such a release as when that second goal went in - the kippax shook - when I finally breathed again I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack - retreated to grandads corner near the NS where I found a mate just as Bish made it 3. Rest of match a blur but can remember being out clubbing and having a great night afterwards - I was 18.
Final point - looking back is about what it meant for so many of us who lived through the 35 year desert (I was at the LC final 76 aged 5) - it’s nothing to do with gloating in their direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.