24 Years of marriage and my wife has never once been on time

I'm not exaggerating, she's literally been late for everything we've ever done. Sometimes it's just a minute or two but being on time is out of the question. We almost missed my brother's wedding because of her.

This past summer when we were on vacation I asked her if it would be possible for her to get ready first and be completely ready so that she could wait for me while I got ready and you'd have thought I told her I was having an affair. She was so mad that it ruined a whole day.

She is never late for doctor's appointments and makes her appointments with the personal trainer every week but if I need her to be somewhere at a certain time it's out of the question. When I bring it up she tells me that she "irons my shirts". I don't get it that ironing shirts gives you a free pass to make someone have to constantly wait for you for over 20 years. I'd be completely cool with getting my shirts done professionally if it meant that she'd show up on time even once.
Never late for the doctors or personal trainer eh?

First of all, iron your own shirts, what are you 10? Or Victorian dad? You’re giving her an out. And after so many years this is way beyond schoolboy error territory.

That aside, I do have sympathy. My Mrs is similar. No matter where we are going, it’s the same. For years now I have told her, sitting there with my nicely ironed shirt hanging up, that I won’t move a fucking muscle until she is ready. I wait until she looks ready to walk out the door, before I go for a shower. It takes me literally 15 minutes max from that point to walk out the door.

Don’t get me wrong even with me being a guy who knows the right end of an iron and is prepared to use it, most times she still flaps about as I stand and glower.

But, in the past it’s been 30 minutes after I got ready, now I have reduced that to about five. Still does my head in.

You need to take every bolt hole away. Iron your shirt, comb your own hair and stand there knowing she has fuck all to throw at you.

Won’t stop her, but at least you can say, you have no excuse, standing there all lovely amd spick and span.

I'm not exaggerating, she's literally been late for everything we've ever done. Sometimes it's just a minute or two but being on time is out of the question. We almost missed my brother's wedding because of her.

This past summer when we were on vacation I asked her if it would be possible for her to get ready first and be completely ready so that she could wait for me while I got ready and you'd have thought I told her I was having an affair. She was so mad that it ruined a whole day.

She is never late for doctor's appointments and makes her appointments with the personal trainer every week but if I need her to be somewhere at a certain time it's out of the question. When I bring it up she tells me that she "irons my shirts". I don't get it that ironing shirts gives you a free pass to make someone have to constantly wait for you for over 20 years. I'd be completely cool with getting my shirts done professionally if it meant that she'd show up on time even once.

Start ironing your own shirts and then see if she starts turning up on time.

After 24 years you have let her believe this is acceptable

Fuck me if my missus is late for anything I just tell her I will meet her wherever we are supposed to be going

She always gets ready before me to make sure I don't leave her making her own way

mine's the same, doesnt start getting ready till T-(time to get ready+30) every fucking time, and then I'm the arse for complaning

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.