26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did exactly what he was put on the field to do, be decisive. Mahrez gave us exactly what we thought he would, deciding the game in a single moment. Not his fault the defense collapsed afterwards. If we are mentioning someone who didn’t perform, don’t look too far from DeBruyne, for someone who was rested last game, seemed completely gassed by the start of the second half.

Last edited:
The reality is he did his job very well. Wish others did their jobs as well as he did. The team was stable with him on the pitch. City had Madrid exactly where they wanted them. Maybe, if he was not subbed off, we would be now talking about booking travel tickets to Paris. Oh well, not meant to be at the end.

It’s a shame but what won’t be remembered from that 2nd leg is that brilliant goal he scored. Was a truly great finish.

He has 2 years remained in his contract, I say keep him until his contract expire.

Not his biggest fan, but the guy is reliable.

He has 2 years remained in his contract, I say keep him until his contract expire.

I don’t think he will stay he is fed up with pep
Chelsea,Barca and ac Milan are after good luck pep

Worst player on the pitch until his goal. FFS.
The worst player in that game are sterling grelish and the old man Fernandinhio. Mahrez score a crucial goal didn’t do bad I don’t think he will stay Barca Milan and Chelsea are after him

Honestly, I think he's been our best forward this year, but I think that says more about our forward line than him tbh. Good player, not a great one, when he's not delivering goals/assists he can look very poor still.

Reckon he stays one more year just because the amount of other forwards I think will leave.

I think he has shown himself to be far more effective and reliable in the CL than in the PL. I find him ultra-negative for a winger/wide forward, especially in the PL. You could argue he keeps possession, but I think its natural for someone in his position to lose the ball to the full-back sometimes, it means they are trying to beat their man.

If we do purchase Haaland I want to see our wide men get the ball in the box and Mahrez simply doesn't do that enough. I know its not a popular opinion but I would sell this Summer if a good offer came in.

I think he has shown himself to be far more effective and reliable in the CL than in the PL. I find him ultra-negative for a winger/wide forward, especially in the PL. You could argue he keeps possession, but I think its natural for someone in his position to lose the ball to the full-back sometimes, it means they are trying to beat their man.

If we do purchase Haaland I want to see our wide men get the ball in the box and Mahrez simply doesn't do that enough. I know its not a popular opinion but I would sell this Summer if a good offer came in.
Our wingers are boring compared to 17/18. Sane and Sterling used to have the freedom to take on fullbacks. Now it’s just cut back, pass, wait for an opening. I want to see some pace back on the wings and with Haaland being an absolute powerhouse that would transform us.

When played for their previous clubs, Mahrez and Grealish used to beat full-back quite often and they didn't seem to care about losing the ball. But now they prefer to keep the ball and do some back passes when there is no clear good chance. I think it's just Pep asks them to do so.

It seems Pep doesn't like to use those speedy monsters who always like to beat full-back in a 1v1 situation now. He just wants 100% possession and always tries to avoid losing ball control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.