#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you watch him with the ball at his feet and you just know he'd gonna try a ridiculous pass in a daft position

or he'll take an unnecessary shot which flies way over the bar when even his own brain is telling him not to.
I’m laughing but Christ it’s annoying. Hasn’t he scored like one goal for us yet continues to try 35 yard pops…

Vastly overrated player. If he could defend stoutly I’d forgive his inconsistent passing, but he can’t seem to do that with any consistency.

Can’t warm to him at all. Oh for another Zab!

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Countless times during the game he made terrible decisions that resulted in a turnover of possession.

Shooting from 40 yards out, header from outside of the box, crosses going out of bounds. He needs to learn his role and realize he isn't playing in the advanced role he was when we had injuries last season.

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Countless times during the game he made terrible decisions that resulted in a turnover of possession.

Shooting from 40 yards out, header from outside of the box, crosses going out of bounds. He needs to learn his role and realize he isn't playing in the advanced role he was when we had injuries last season.
Cancelo has never been a good right/left back. As a so-called "false rightback" where he drifts inside and essentially takes up an attacking midfield role he's been team-of-the-year good.

For me, its a matter of playing Cancelo to his strength - if we're playing a false rightback - then he starts. If the rightback role is traditional, then start Walker.

As far as sloppy passing and erratic shooting goes - he struggles with that where ever he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.