29th October 2014

scousemanc

I've just checked and that was the last game (v Newcastle) we had all of our first choice players available. i.e. not injured or away on international duty. I class the following as first choice:

Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Clichy, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Aguero.

That's 17 consecutive games unable to pick our best team.

It's remarkable we are still second in the league (to an excellent and injury-free team) and in the champions league knock out.

i do not think we will get much sympathy (this forum excepted) when we have spent a billion , ten billion or a hundred billion on our squad , (depending on which media outlet you believe) , but we do get more than our fair share of muscle strains and ligament injuries . We have missed big players for a lot of games vinny,kun,silva,nasri,dzeko etc , if we are within 5 points the chavs in March , and can keep our squad fully fit , we will push the chavs all the way

jimmygrimblesboots said:
i do not think we will get much sympathy (this forum excepted) when we have spent a billion , ten billion or a hundred billion on our squad , (depending on which media outlet you believe) , but we do get more than our fair share of muscle strains and ligament injuries . We have missed big players for a lot of games vinny,kun,silva,nasri,dzeko etc , if we are within 5 points the chavs in March , and can keep our squad fully fit , we will push the chavs all the way

Our trouble is that it's always our best players who are injured, and that we are more reliant on them than other clubs are on theirs. Take Silva and Nasri out of our midfield and we've got fuck all in the way of creativity, something that becomes evident every time we try and rest them for cup games. Arsenal by contrast have a conveyorbelt of clones at their disposal. Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky, Sanchez, Ramsay, Oxlade-Chamberlain. All quick, all mobile, all skillful, all capable of providing adequate cover for each other without a serious creative loss.

scousemanc said:
I've just checked and that was the last game (v Newcastle) we had all of our first choice players available. i.e. not injured or away on international duty. I class the following as first choice:

It's remarkable we are still second in the league (to an excellent and injury-free team) and in the champions league knock out.

Clichy?

blueste41 said:
scousemanc said:

Clichy?

Without question,Kolarov is a liability.

We have been very unlucky......but like above,its difficult to have sympathy given the money we have spent as I feel our depth of quality should be better and certainly offer us greater options.
Put our first 11 on the pitch and i'm confident we can beat anyone,lose a couple of them and that changes very quickly.

This summer is pivotal in regards to the futures of a lot of our players,i can see a,much needed,mini overhaul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.