2nd FA Cup trophy on auction 29th Sept

Mad Eyed Screamer

Bonhams are auctioning the 2nd FA Cup trophy and it is expected to fetch between £700,000 - £900,000
Until recently it was on display in Manchester at the Urbis Football Museum, this is the trophy that City won in 1904 and was used between 1896 and 1910.

It replaced the original trophy that was stolen from a shop window where it was on display in Birmingham after Aston Villa won it in 1895.
In 1911 the third - and current - FA Cup was presented to the winners - the change being made as the FA realised they had not patented the design of the 2nd trophy
https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/30685/

Last edited:
I wonder who stole the original FA Cup?
It would have either been a scouser or more likely some thieving twat from Moston. They see something shiny and think I will have that,a bit like magpies really.
Seriously I love the early history of football in general,and The FA Cup in particular.I must be one of the few fans who bothers to look at all the old names of Cup winning sides when City play at Wembley.
The Wanderers,Royal Engineers,Blackburn Olympic,Old Etonians and Clapham Rovers to name a few.
That is why I love attending as many FA Cup games as I can,but can take or leave the UEFA CL. A bit of a JCL competition in my eyes.

It would have either been a scouser or more likely some thieving twat from Moston. They see something shiny and think I will have that,a bit like magpies really.
Seriously I love the early history of football in general,and The FA Cup in particular.I must be one of the few fans who bothers to look at all the old names of Cup winning sides when City play at Wembley.
The Wanderers,Royal Engineers,Blackburn Olympic,Old Etonians and Clapham Rovers to name a few.
That is why I love attending as many FA Cup games as I can,but can take or leave the UEFA CL. A bit of a JCL competition in my eyes.
Hey, hey, m. My database of thieving bastards has Mostonians third from the bottom, only kept from 'top' bottom place by 'Apper'avians (2nd from bottom) and Blackleyites (occupying bottom slot which they haven't relinquished since 1947). The top four of thieving, amoral canutes is currently Liverpool 4, Bootle, Crosby and Knotty Ash.

Who are the current owners? Who's putting the pot up for sale! It's like those items that appear on Bargain Hunt. i tell Mrs Ewing "Hey, that's public property! How's that being sold? Someone's nicked that!"
It’s just listed as Terry From Liverpool .

This version of the FA Cup was bought at auction for £478,000 by David Gold in 2005 and presented by him to the National Football Museum for permanent display.

The current version of the FA Cup was introduced in 1992 after the original 1911 version had become a bit too fragile.

Oi less of the lumping Moston lads in with that lot. Plenty of good blues in Moston mate and they don't deserve the slur.

Oi less of the lumping Moston lads in with that lot. Plenty of good blues in Moston mate and they don't deserve the slur.
No slur intended. I lived in Moston for 26 years (Inchfield Road) and MES lived nearby on Bluebell Avenue. Apparently our daughters knew each other at Primary School .
Just a bit of gentle fun poking aimed at Phil.

No slur intended. I lived in Moston for 26 years (Inchfield Road) and MES lived nearby on Bluebell Avenue. Apparently our daughters knew each other at Primary School .
Just a bit of gentle fun poking aimed at Phil.

Haha nice one!
I've lived in the area off and on for 60 years.
As a kid I went to Moston Fields CPS then North Manchester HS.
Drank on the lane and in Failsworth mostly as a teenager and it was madness in those days.
The area's actually much better now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.