3-3-4 / 4-4-2 system

mike channon´s windmill

As it was my 5k post and I hadn´t realised it I thought this might deserve a thread of it´s own as I think it´s an important point which got lost in another thread.
Apologies in advance for any disturbance to the site!!

Just watching an analysis of Barca the other day

They played a combination of 3-3-4 and 4-4-2

With the 3-3-4 this allows them to play with 2 wide men. Then they switch to 4-4-2 to defend. When attacking tippy-tappy style through the middle they STILL have 2 wingers who can attack
The key to this is Busquets who drops back into CD

I was watching Micah in particular and thinking he doesn´t have the skill to trouble oppo full backs. This is why the oppo allow us to use the present system as they are sure they can cope with it. They don´t think we are a threat with our FB´s
But if Micah played in a back three this would allow us to play 2 conventionally attacking wide men along with the 3 mids when getting forward. This I believe could be the way forward and would start to worry defences away from home much more.
The question would be who would take the Busquets role? Yaya? Or what about Javi Martinez? He would be perfect for that role - absolutely perfect
The other question would be left side. Would we give this role to Kola to bomb on and push forward pinging crosses in? I suppose we already have someone in mind for the right flanK ( Hazard ie)

This system could be the solution to Bob´s dilemma away from home where we seem to have been sussed out

Barca have no real formation. As long as 4 players defend they are good. Sometimes they play with two true forwards and space from Dani. Sometimes they don't. Their best asset is ball hogging forwards with skill. They tried the big man (Ibra) it didnt get on. If we can replace (or keep) Tevez with that skill set. And allow Nasri to play alongside Yaya, replacing de Jong with a winger we'll be good. We press well abd we won't need to worry about a tactician in midfield.

alky313 said:
Barca have no real formation. As long as 4 players defend they are good. Sometimes they play with two true forwards and space from Dani. Sometimes they don't. Their best asset is ball hogging forwards with skill. They tried the big man (Ibra) it didnt get on. If we can replace (or keep) Tevez with that skill set. And allow Nasri to play alongside Yaya, replacing de Jong with a winger we'll be good. We press well abd we won't need to worry about a tactician in midfield.
But they continue to play wide left and right constantly stretching defenses. They have either Alves or as on Tues 2 genuine wide attacking players.
Micah will never be able to replicate what Alves does so do we go with 2 wingers or try to bring in an Alves type player. I want Micah to remain part of this squad so perhaps having him as one of a back three could be a sensible move - don´t know - just got me thinking how we can break "park the bus" teams down more easily

If you are speaking about the Getafe game, it was 3-4-3 Diamond midfield.
--------------Pedro----Sanchez----Cuenca
-------------------------Messi-------------------------
--------------Iniesta=========Xavi
------------------------Busquets

Here's an interesting video piece from the excellent Zonal Marking website predominantly about Pizarro v Arsenal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/10/man-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/10/man-city/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.