3 minutes added time

dave_blue12

Given that Villa were time wasting all second half and were warned more than once to get on with it by Webb I cannot fathom how there were only 3 mins of added time.

I was expecting double that. Just shows that cheating pays.

Not saying the time would have made any difference but you never know ;-)

dave_blue12 said:
Given that Villa were time wasting all second half and were warned more than once to get on with it by Webb I cannot fathom how there were only 3 mins of added time.

We did the same at Arsenal, and I was surprised how little injury time there was there

its the downside of the game time wasting you know its going to happen
everybody does it even the ball boys have been told how to give the ball back

but for the fouth offical he does what the ref talls him to add on
unless fergie the red nose c*nt team is playing

dave_blue12 said:

We wouldn't have scored 'ad we 'ad 99mins added time. One of those games, one of those days and the bastard from Spuds, Mackens and now Villa is destined to do us at every turn. At least that'll be the last time this season, unless the money-grabbin' shite decides that he's got another week of the window left and fancies a move to Stoke.

The point of the ref being the sole timekeeper allows not only for blatant cheating, but also massive and incomprehensible variations in the approach the same ref has between one weekend and the other.

One of the most forward moves that FIFA could make would be to employ an independent timekeeper. And time only counts when the ball is in play.

The option of booking players for outrageous timewasting is never used by refs. Were they to state at the beginning that all time wasted would be added on, might deter some players, but not half as much as a yellow card two minutes into the second half.

ancoats said:

Agreed, we need a manager who is respected and feared and not just ignored. That's why they would've got at least 5 minutes.

I was actually surprised, Houllier had saved 2 of his subs and I was sure we'd see two separate ones in the dying minutes to take up precious time, but his team kept the ball pinned down in our end to kill the game off. Fair play.

mergatroid said:
ancoats said:

Agreed, we need a manager who is respected and feared and not just ignored. That's why they would've got at least 5 minutes.

Utter shite...I wonder at times whether you are actually genuine but don't have a clue about football.

mcfcliam said:
mergatroid said:

Utter shite...I wonder at times whether you are actually genuine but don't have a clue about football.

So you're saying that United don't get extra minutes at the end of games, strange that as most on here think they do? If you do think they get extra time, why is that? Are they paying the ref, seriously? Most call it 'Fergie time' as they imply that Fergurson intimidates refs into adding it on, surely if Mancini did this also we'd get the same treatment?

mergatroid said:
mcfcliam said:

So you're saying that United don't get extra minutes at the end of games, strange that as most on here think they do? If you do think they get extra time, why is that? Are they paying the ref, seriously? Most call it 'Fergie time' as they imply that Fergurson intimidates refs into adding it on, surely if Mancini did this also we'd get the same treatment?

Doesn't mean we want/need a manager like that bullies the officials into giving extra time.

Not sure time wasting is technically in the refs rules... being slow taking a throw or goal kick can be seen as time wasting ..
But have you ever been winning in added time and seen your side do it ... ?
or requested your center half clear the ball twenty foot over the stand half way up the rd...

Cant have it both ways ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.