3 points and fine?

marco

OK speed van parked up, as soon as i noticed i looked at the clock and was doing 35mph in a 30 and was quite a distance from him, been doing some research about car speedometers and it says they can be out by as much as 10% depending on vehicle make so i paced my car on speedo versus the GPS sat nav which is said to be more accurate, 30mph on the GPS was 33mph on the digital car speedo so with the prosecution limit being 30 plus 10% plus 2 anything 35 and above gets a ticket,so alowing for the under calibration of my car speedo i would come in at 32mph so in effect under the 10% plus 2 which would kick in at 37 on my car clock, will i escape the 3 points?

When my speedo is reading 30 my GPS speed is around 27mph. You might be unlucky in that you were just over 30 when you were clocked and depending on how stringent the fine chasing bastards road safety officers were will depend if you'll be getting a letter on your doormat in the next few days. If you haven't received anything within the next 14 days or so you should be okay.

OK speed van parked up, as soon as i noticed i looked at the clock and was doing 35mph in a 30 and was quite a distance from him, been doing some research about car speedometers and it says they can be out by as much as 10% depending on vehicle make so i paced my car on speedo versus the GPS sat nav which is said to be more accurate, 30mph on the GPS was 33mph on the digital car speedo so with the prosecution limit being 30 plus 10% plus 2 anything 35 and above gets a ticket,so alowing for the under calibration of my car speedo i would come in at 32mph so in effect under the 10% plus 2 which would kick in at 37 on my car clock, will i escape the 3 points?
I got zapped a few years ago on Oldham rd heading towards town, copper said i was doing 34 in a 30. I perhaps could have contested it but i didn't know this. Took a speeding awareness course to save on getting points.

Good luck on getting off with it.

Kill your speed not a child

GMP? Or the South Yorkshire? Yer'll get nowt from the latter. Although the option of a £100 awareness course avoided the points.

Wouldn't it go off the speed recorded by the police camera?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.