How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We played well in the first half, had some good chances to score, Leeds scored with their first attempt. Shit happens.

There's always some chance that the opposition will win, no matter the decisions of the manager. You pretend to know something nobody really knows, namely what would have guaranteed wins both against Leeds and Dortmund. Pep wanted to rest certain players and didn't want to risk other players. We don't know whether he was right, only time may tell. Move on.
As I said at the end of my post we move on. You must have missed that part. It is only my personal opinion mate just as you have 1. I have stated why I think it was wrong team selection and you have argued your point. I don’t pretend to know anymore than any other fan.

No it doesnt. Rotating against Leeds was the right thing to do, in order to give us the best chance of winning this game. If we go out tonight it has no correlation at all to the Leeds game where the right decision to change the team was made.

Not just this game. All upcoming games.

The players had built up fatigue over a whole run of games, including the internationals. It is not like they need rested ahead of every game, this one rest gives a few some respite for the next run of games, not just tonight. It was the sensible thing to do, and hopefully pays off starting with tonight.

I hate this small minded sentiment which some fans have picked up. It shows enormous ignorance as to the physical demands currently on players. I hate to break it to you but it isn't 1972 any more. If Pep played the same team twice a week during this of all seasons we wouldn't win a single trophy.
Nothing small minded about it but you are entitled to have that opinion. I did not disagree about rotation but the players chosen did not perform and the changes needed came too late. Leeds going down to 10 men only compounded how crap we played. We ended up chasing the game and subbing on Foden and Gundo when they should have been rested which was the original plan. The overwhelming view on this forum is that anyone who disagrees with the popular view gets the mob mentality treatment. You don’t agree with me and I don’t agree with you. I don’t see the problem myself.

How many more times does it need explaining that we're going after multiple trophies and we need to manage the squad to perfection. Leeds was a example of a great chance to rotate the squad. It almost paid off but it wasn't to be I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. They'll come a time over the next month where we'll have to play our best team game after game. We are preparing for this period as we need to be on it and this period starts tonight.
I agree with parts of your post and I can handle the rotation of the squad to a certain extent. My, if any team in this league is capable of doing so, then it's us. What frustrates me no end is when we are in positions at 0-0 and our supposedly best player and top earner on the pitch scuffs yet another huge (emphasis on huge) opportunity to make it 1-0 with his ankle. It's a different game then. In big games and big moments where opportunities are few and far between those chances need (emphasis on need) taking. 3 seasons ago Raheem would have buried that!
I don't understand how you cannot loose sleep over the one game (ok I'm not physically loosing sleep, turn of phrase) in these pile of fixtures where it was a must win. A home match against an albeit tough to break down Leeds. A game in which we played before united too, to put even more pressure on them before their trip to Spurs.
Instead we find ourselves in a position where our next 3 league matches, we cannot afford to loose any. Villa away (tricky but I expect 3 point) Palace away (always a tricky one) Chelsea home (50/50). Not forgetting the EFL final in-between all of that.
I just hope you're right and unless these players are running on absolute empty we need the key men in the key positions starting every match from now on. Only one man knows the answer to that question. Starting tonight.

We should go with the strongest team from now to the end of the season, or at least until the league is wrapped up

We should go with the strongest team from now to the end of the season, or at least until the league is wrapped up

No we shouldn't and we CAN'T ... League is the least significant on the priority list, till we are in the FA Cup Final and CL Final ... till then it's the QFs and SFs to take care of.

This is our next five games:

CL QF - Dortmund (A)
FAC SF - Chelsea (N)
Villa (A) - [ meh! whatever!! ]
LC Final - Spurs (N)
CL SF - PSG (A) - If through tonight

Take a guess which game is going to get the most rotation? ... Likes of KDB will play two in a row then get rested against Villa and play the next two again ... you might not like it but that's what's going to happen - and I have no problem with it - Villa A is totally throw-able ... those who don't agree with this, in my opinion just need to grow some balls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.