How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like this league will never be won. This is the price you pay for trying to win all competitions. The standards from our first 11 drop drastically. We are a winning machine when all the correct players are chosen. It is not possible to play those 11 each week unfortunately. Next season I would like us to prioritise the champions league and the league. Trim the squad, buy Haaland & Grealish and promote the youth. It might not be a popular opinion but a truthful reflection of our squad at present.
Maybe focus on the FA Cup , League , Champions League and the other forced finals(CS and USC). Play the young players in the Carabao.

i know our fans are in general are masochists but you take it to another level Len :)
You're right mate.
I've had a few shandies and I'm fuming about that game.
Particularly the midfield selection and the in game cock ups.
If punters on here ( pre match thread) can see the obvious errors in that selection why can't Pep?
The same was true of the Leeds game where we couldn't even take advantage of ten men.
The build up to this game was largely a debate on go as strong as possible and wrap it up or take a chance and rotate (don't risk injury, don't show our hand etc).I can't believe Pep went for the latter option in a bigger way than many 'rotation' posters had advocated. Had we restricted our changes to the same number as Chelsea did I firmly believe we could have won that game. Don't forget they had one day's less rest and had to travel.
It's a total fcuking clusterfuck which has denied us a big celebration tonight.
Yes United might drop points next week and then we win it anyway but as fans we could taste it and wanted it tonight.

Feels like this league will never be won. This is the price you pay for trying to win all competitions. The standards from our first 11 drop drastically. We are a winning machine when all the correct players are chosen. It is not possible to play those 11 each week unfortunately. Next season I would like us to prioritise the champions league and the league. Trim the squad, buy Haaland & Grealish and promote the youth. It might not be a popular opinion but a truthful reflection of our squad at present.
The price you pay for trying to win them all is 2 from 3 with a shot at the 4th? I'm failing to see any price there...

You're talking like we've just thrown away the league, you are aware we are 1 game from the title right?

And next season you want us to have a smaller squad and only go after 2 of the 4 despite proving this season that you can go after them all (whether we win thr champions league or not this season won't be determined by us chasing other trophies earlier) It's an unpopular opinion because its lunacy mate.

You're right mate.
If punters on here ( pre match thread) can see the obvious errors in that selection why can't Pep?
The same was true of the Leeds game where we couldn't even take advantage of ten men.
The build up to this game was largely a debate on go as strong as possible and wrap it up or take a chance and rotate (don't risk injury, don't show our hand etc).I can't believe Pep went for the latter option in a bigger way than many 'rotation' posters had advocated. Had we restricted our changes to the same number as Chelsea did I firmly believe we could have won that game. Don't forget they had one day's less rest and had to travel.
Yes United might drop points next week and then we win it anyway but as fans we could taste it and wanted it tonight.
I don't understand why those players wouldn't to win the title this evening, but that's almost what it felt like. That really was a shite turnout, I don't get it.

A propos of nothing I remember thinking after the gut wrenching loss to Spurs in the CL QFs two seasons ago that had we won that game then maybe we would not have been able to focus on both the league and the CL and might have lost both.
At the time I thought it was just a coping mechanism to deal with the Spurs result but after the Leeds game and today I now believe I was right.

You're right mate.
100% and now we sweat

The price you pay for trying to win them all is 2 from 3 with a shot at the 4th? I'm failing to see any price there...

You're talking like we've just thrown away the league, you are aware we are 1 game from the title right?

And next season you want us to have a smaller squad and only go after 2 of the 4 despite proving this season that you can go after them all (whether we win thr champions league or not this season won't be determined by us chasing other trophies earlier) It's an unpopular opinion because its lunacy mate.
IKR..I genuinely don't know whether some people here really mean the things they post or simply trolling..Pep has spoilt everyone so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.