How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t need to prove he was right to pick a rotated team against Leeds. To win all four competitions, he must use all the players he’s got available. I don’t think we’ll see a heavily rotated team again until United drop a few points. Pep lost his free hit against Leeds, so it’s back to a strong looking team for the league games. We could do with United dropping some points before we play PSG. PSG are in a title race themselves and can’t really afford to rest their players.

I think we might see the reserves for the LC final and I don’t think we can complain because the fixture list is crazy and if we play strong teams for all of them we could very fatigued.

I think we might see the reserves for the LC final and I don’t think we can complain because the fixture list is crazy and if we play strong teams for all of them we could very fatigued.
I think he's more likely to rest players against Aston Villa next week. Even if we get beat and United with their games in hand, we'd still be 5 points clear. I just don't think it's in Pep's DNA to rest players in a cup final.

When the Rags beat Burnley there will be a bit of giddiness , fourteen point lead reduced to eight and references to Devon Loch and our imminent collapse , which i am going to thoroughly enjoy. The Rags would be more wise saving their big guns for the Thursday Cup and the mighty Granada television.
We are quite capable of rattling three straight wins against Villa, Saints & Palace and ending any hope the 659m have , it would be nice if the Dippers go to the Swamp on May day and hand us the title , the irony.

If we field a strong team
City certainly didn’t play their strongest team away at Leicester and won quite easily. It wasn’t that much stronger than the team against Leeds.

I suspect that the Villa match will see a similar strength team to that against Leicester.

Once the PL is won, I can see full scale rotation for most of the remaining PL matches.

If we field a strong team
Don't think we really have a weak team , the Leeds game was a one-off , they rode their luck and took their two chances the result was a travesty , but we have been there before played teams off the park and lost or drew. If Dias plays the rest of the season we will not concede goals like the ones Leeds scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.