How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to see rags throw it away on Sunday - removes any stress of having to win any remaining league game after Saturday - although Pep would insist we drive all the way to 92 points at end of May

The dippers will be going for the win, which will play into the rags hoof ball and chase tactic.

A boring 0-0 would be the best result so that Spuds (might) be able to leap frog them.

Surely the last thing we need is Liverpool with VVD back and no European distractions. We may as well hand Klopp the title.
There you go, that's the spirit.

I assume Van Dijk simply being back will insure his prior form, and will magically improve the play of Trent "What Do You Call A Defender Who Can't Defend?" Alexander-Arnold, the creativity of a creativity-less midfield, wipe 7 years off of James Milner's age, add 100 points to Allison's "When should I leave my goalbox?" IQ, suddenly allow Firminho to find goal-scoring form, loosen John Henry's wallet, and stop Klopp from blaming grass, wind, referees, etc. for any hiccups?

Also -- as with "SAF" -- I think we should make it a rule that no opposition player -- especially rags and dippers -- is referred to in shorthand like "VVD". Maybe that's just me.

There you go, that's the spirit.

I assume Van Dijk simply being back will insure his prior form, and will magically improve the play of Trent "What Do You Call A Defender Who Can't Defend?" Alexander-Arnold, the creativity of a creativity-less midfield, wipe 7 years off of James Milner's age, add 100 points to Allison's "When should I leave my goalbox?" IQ, suddenly allow Firminho to find goal-scoring form, loosen John Henry's wallet, and stop Klopp from blaming grass, wind, referees, etc. for any hiccups?

Also -- as with "SAF" -- I think we should make it a rule that no opposition player -- especially rags and dippers -- is referred to in shorthand like "VVD". Maybe that's just me.
That's because most of us can't spell Van Dick!

Surely the last thing we need is Liverpool with VVD back and no European distractions. We may as well hand Klopp the title.
Nothing points towards Liverpool being as good as they were last year next season. Injuries wise, This season has been more in line with a typical season for them. last season was a freakish season, they had no injuries to key players at all, a few minor niggles occurred during easy periods in their schedule, it's far more likely they'll have more injury concerns next season than not. Klopp relies on about 13 players, so key injuries are going to impact him.

Their bench isn't good enough. And of those bench players, they all know they aren't playing unless there's injuries, that's maybe acceptable when they are winning things but with no titles there's going to be numerous players looking to leave, you could see all of keita, ox, shaqiri, origi and that Greek left back all wanting out, some of those cost a fortune and they'll never get decent money for them because they haven't played and the covid effect. This means Liverpool will likely have to spend more than they'll recoup just replacing the subs and to stand still. Then you've got wijnaldum that will need replacing plus milner and uncertainty over both gomez and VVD.

Their owners aren't going to splash the cash to cover that before we even get to them actually strengthening.

I believe this Liverpool side is done. Chelsea will be the threat in the next few years, Liverpool will be on United's level with Leicester.

Nothing points towards Liverpool being as good as they were last year next season. Injuries wise, This season has been more in line with a typical season for them. last season was a freakish season, they had no injuries to key players at all, a few minor niggles occurred during easy periods in their schedule, it's far more likely they'll have more injury concerns next season than not. Klopp relies on about 13 players, so key injuries are going to impact him.

Their bench isn't good enough. And of those bench players, they all know they aren't playing unless there's injuries, that's maybe acceptable when they are winning things but with no titles there's going to be numerous players looking to leave, you could see all of keita, ox, shaqiri, origi and that Greek left back all wanting out, some of those cost a fortune and they'll never get decent money for them because they haven't played and the covid effect. This means Liverpool will likely have to spend more than they'll recoup just replacing the subs and to stand still. Then you've got wijnaldum that will need replacing plus milner and uncertainty over both gomez and VVD.

Their owners aren't going to splash the cash to cover that before we even get to them actually strengthening.

I believe this Liverpool side is done. Chelsea will be the threat in the next few years, Liverpool will be on United's level with Leicester.
I think this is right. And I also hope it's right.

Just get the job done Saturday and hope the SCOUSERS win sunday
b25547a0dca4444a301d311e7d39d0b9.gif
I know. It’s a tough one, isn’t it?

We all know Pep by now. He will always put out the best team he thinks will win the game. If you think he will start playing all the kids after we win the league, think again. He didn’t do it when we hit the 100 points and he won’t do it now.
That has been my thinking all along.

There is no way that Pep will play the kids or not try to win the remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.