How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said weeks ago the league was over. I still firmly believe it is but I don’t ever remember a side so seemingly intent on not finishing the job.

I know we have had other competitions to focus on and we built a lead in the Prem to allow ourselves some tinkering and leeway. That being said, after the PSG game there was absolutely no reason not to play a stronger side yesterday, try and get the title won and then potentially rest/rotate as we saw fit over the next 3 weeks. We have seen enough in recent games (Chelsea FA Cup and Leeds) that certain players are fucking miles short of what is required.

You get the job done and get over the line as quickly as possible. Why we would tempt fate at this point when there is next to no pressure on us is completely beyond me. Potentially allowing a situation where we are only 4 points in front with 3 to play is fucking crazy, when you can just finish the job and take away even the slightest chance for United.
i believe we'll win it and have done so for months

but I hate cocky fuckers spouting cockyness for weeks

it was done and dusted weeks ago for them

just shut the fk up and let us win it,then enjoy it

unlike the rags in their heyday,lets be humble then brag .

It's in our hands
No mither. Did anybody take villa seriously for 3points today?? They have beat yoonited once in about 40 attempts. European Cup my arse 82they beat the dog n duck and the Black horse from East Germany on there way to the final.

I said weeks ago the league was over. I still firmly believe it is but I don’t ever remember a side so seemingly intent on not finishing the job.

I know we have had other competitions to focus on and we built a lead in the Prem to allow ourselves some tinkering and leeway. That being said, after the PSG game there was absolutely no reason not to play a stronger side yesterday, try and get the title won and then potentially rest/rotate as we saw fit over the next 3 weeks. We have seen enough in recent games (Chelsea FA Cup and Leeds) that certain players are fucking miles short of what is required.

You get the job done and get over the line as quickly as possible. Why we would tempt fate at this point when there is next to no pressure on us is completely beyond me. Potentially allowing a situation where we are only 4 points in front with 3 to play is fucking crazy, when you can just finish the job and take away even the slightest chance for United.
Agree with this, should have got it done yesterday especially with them having 3 before we next play. It may well still be done before we even play with their next two fixtures but still seems needless.

Maybe it’s just coming from a fans perspective, we want it done ASAP and having to watch them play three games before we do again is annoying.

I think there is little doubt that we’ll win the PL. The sooner it’s wrapped up the better though then all focus can be on the CL.

Not capitalising on a 1-0 lead yesterday was very disappointing.

I’d be amazed if we’re not champions before the Newcastle game.

If United take maximum points from Villa, Leicester and Liverpool in 5 days then fair fucks to them, especially when Leicester and Liverpool are in a top 4 race.

Would be a little bit funny if they won all three and then we spank Newcastle on Friday.

He’s only putting out the B team (to rest the A team after a CL game) because he knows it’s done. Why aren’t you getting that.
I am getting that.....what Im saying is that it aint done.....not mathematically (I really hope you get that bit!)..I understand him putting out a B team yesterday though Dias played both - (not going to count Ederson) and arguably if there is one player you want to protect above all else it is him.
Pep says the league is the priority (for me it is as well) - he could easily rest the key players after it is won.....

Hope so, just feels a bit like the wait for the league is intefering with the build up to the cl final.
The Paris lads deserved a day off yesterday (I wouldn’t have even played Dias). I don’t think Pep wanted to play them yesterday and then give them 3 weeks off, 3 weeks is far too long between games. 2 weeks is better, long enough for a good rest and get rid of those niggles, but not long enough where you completely lose that intensity and focus.

Full strength against Newcastle and then give them 2 weeks to prepare for the final.

People having a go at the people who believe it is done lol , I've said all along we need to get 1point more than if united win all their games and nothing has changed, I wont to rely on united losing another game this season, but I knew once it got closer people would be out for the "it's done" blood, as if it's their fault, quite amusing really, still to be expected on blueloon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.