How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said weeks ago the league was over. I still firmly believe it is but I don’t ever remember a side so seemingly intent on not finishing the job.

I know we have had other competitions to focus on and we built a lead in the Prem to allow ourselves some tinkering and leeway. That being said, after the PSG game there was absolutely no reason not to play a stronger side yesterday, try and get the title won and then potentially rest/rotate as we saw fit over the next 3 weeks. We have seen enough in recent games (Chelsea FA Cup and Leeds) that certain players are fucking miles short of what is required.

You get the job done and get over the line as quickly as possible. Why we would tempt fate at this point when there is next to no pressure on us is completely beyond me. Potentially allowing a situation where we are only 4 points in front with 3 to play is fucking crazy, when you can just finish the job and take away even the slightest chance for United.

It made perfect sense really, and I had no issues pre kick off. The league's wrapped up, and Pep had an opportunity to experiment against our CL final opponents and rotate. That's a big opportunity and I think he did the right thing, even if we got a poor result.

Matters very little as far as the league picture goes, but could be big for Pep's thinking for the big one at the end of May.

I’d be amazed if we’re not champions before the Newcastle game.

If United take maximum points from Villa, Leicester and Liverpool in 5 days then fair fucks to them, especially when Leicester and Liverpool are in a top 4 race.

Would be a little bit funny if they won all three and then we spank Newcastle on Friday.
Leicester are in a slump however..they had a chance of catching utd a few weeks back but their form is poor (lost 3 and drawn one in the last 6).
Liverpool look better again however

I can see the dippers going to Old Trafford and beating them quite comfortably

Huge game for Liverpool and the rags will be dead on their feet by then

He’s only putting out the B team (to rest the A team after a CL game) because he knows it’s done. Why aren’t you getting that.
Which is exactly the place I was at when I woke up this morning, somewhat different to where I was at at half seven last night, but that’s just part and parcel of being a football supporter. For people not getting what you said by today, is indeed a strange place to be, especially with this team and this manager who, by any standard anyone cares to use, rarely let us down.
What a time to be a blue.

I am getting that.....what Im saying is that it aint done.....not mathematically (I really hope you get that bit!)..I understand him putting out a B team yesterday though Dias played both - (not going to count Ederson) and arguably if there is one player you want to protect above all else it is him.
Pep says the league is the priority (for me it is as well) - he could easily rest the key players after it is won.....
Look, if Pep puts that team out on Friday then I’ll panic and think he’s gone mental but for me he was simply utilising the squad. He wouldn’t have done that unless he wasn’t remotely worried about being caught.

Look, if Pep puts that team out on Friday then I’ll panic and think he’s gone mental but for me he was simply utilising the squad. He wouldn’t have done that unless he wasn’t remotely worried about being caught.
I agree with you....but I also feel he could have had a bit more balance to his starting 11 yesterday.....9 changes was a little over the top.

Quelle surprise, another comeback win from Utd and another surrender-monkey 2nd half showing from Villa. Still annoyed about yesterday and the fact that we have now lost 2 points in the last month, at home, to goals in the 92nd minute. The two points that would in fact have virtually won us the league.
I expect Utd to beat both Liverpool & Leicester at home.

Unless its already won... then he will put that team out on Friday, or very similar

i believe we'll win it and have done so for months

but I hate cocky fuckers spouting cockyness for weeks

it was done and dusted weeks ago for them

just shut the fk up and let us win it,then enjoy it

unlike the rags in their heyday,lets be humble then brag .
TBH I think the cockiness is coming from Pep. People on here (myself included) said it was over weeks ago. This wasn’t cockiness, it was just a reasoned summation of us winning every week and it requiring a completely out of character collapse to basically throw it away. What none of us saw coming, was Pep deciding that he could play the Carabao Cup side every other week in league games. Pep has spent the last two months talking about the importance of the next game and focussing on nothing else. Maybe he should practice what he preaches, instead of being cocky and thinking he can send out a team of woefully out of form players, alongside a few players who aren’t currently good enough to get the job done.

We will win it but why we are fucking about is beyond me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.