3 port valve for central heating

I'm Blue

Hi guys.
So I'm having a problem with my 3 port valve (sunvic sd2701), it's been playing up over the last couple of months, radiators coming on when hot water is selected, I know the valve is knackered cos I've removed the actuator and it can only be turned using pliers, plus now there is a odd drip now and then from where the valve turns.
I've found a replacement actuator and valve for £63 from toolstation (same make and model).
I'm contemplating having a go at replacing this myself, but the pipe work around it looks really tight and am worried about getting the old one out and new one in without damaging the surrounding pipes.
I'm abit skint at the minute cos I'm in the middle of fitting a new bathroom, hence me thinking of doing it myself.
Anybody any ideas on how much a plumber would charge me to replace it? (Rochdale). Me providing the part.
I've rang all the plumbers I've used in the past, but all the numbers are no longer in use, might be because they were cheap : )
Cheers.

Take my advice, put a Honeywell mid position valve on, much better for not much more money. Also if you are fitting your bathroom, have a go yourself, just make sure your A port and B port are the correct way. If it's all drained properly, you only need to undo 3 unions, and find 2" of play.

In answer to your question, no idea how much you'd pay, maybe 100??
But, what if you block your cold feed when draining your system??

Only a guess, don't know a lot
e03e05efcd45496f50925412fd1f2501.jpg

e74f04b17e6eac02c71626cf1890aa3c.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
I'm confident draining the system and fitting the pipe connections etc, the wiring is the same so no problems there.
It's just as you say I only need 2 inch of room, but there isn't that much, one end is a straight pipe from the water cylinder to the 3 port valve, so no room to move there, the other side the pipe is about 1/2 inch from the wall.
I've just had another look and all I can think is whoever fitted it must have removed some of the other pipes around there to give enough wiggle room.
As for the Honeywell, I was going to get one of them instead after reading online, everyone seemed to saying they are the best, the only reason I was going for the sunvic, this morning my heating and hot water wouldn't work at all, so thought I needed one quick, then my wife noticed the pilot light on the boiler wasn't on, it's been really windy so I'm hoping it just blew out, fired back up the pilot light and I have hot water and heating again.
gives me a little more time to sort a replacement.
Cheers for the help bg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.