#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor game vs Germany. Generally, most City players lost form in the final weeks of the season compared to January/February. It was a big ask to be in top form in May when you had been in top form in January. No wonder that few turned up in Porto, if any.
Very valid point - We peaked a little bit too early, luckily League Cup was won and PL as good as done

I didn't think he was that bad tonight to be honest. That Portuguese team suffers from a poor central midfield and two average full backs and that leaves them exposed.

this is literally what’s caused that hammering. Overload the fullback and the two of them just won’t close down. Add to that the 2 DM’s doing nothing which leads to the cb’s stepping out every time and it was doomed from the get go for Portugal

I didn't think he was that bad tonight to be honest. That Portuguese team suffers from a poor central midfield and two average full backs and that leaves them exposed.
Semedo was a lot worse than average tonight.

Ruben didn't play well but I'm not sure if any other CB would have either if they were put in his position today. Santos is a horrible manager, he and Southgate are two cheeks of the same arse.

Poor game vs Germany. Generally, most City players lost form in the final weeks of the season compared to January/February. It was a big ask to be in top form in May when you had been in top form in January. No wonder that few turned up in Porto, if any.

Ruben's schedule has been unrelenting. Most minutes for City all comps - 4330 - and with his 3 Benfica games before joining us and 14 Portugal appearances he is now up to 5696 minutes since the 5th September last year. I've not checked but probably more minutes than any other player in Europe. Potentially more games to come as well in the Euros and we kick off again in August.

Sure it is easier physically for a central defender but that is one hell of a feat and mentally must be incredibly tough. The man must desperately need a holiday and some more..

Ruben's schedule has been unrelenting. Most minutes for City all comps - 4330 - and with his 3 Benfica games before joining us and 14 Portugal appearances he is now up to 5696 minutes since the 5th September last year. I've not checked but probably more minutes than any other player in Europe. Potentially more games to come as well in the Euros and we kick off again in August.

Sure it is easier physically for a central defender but that is one hell of a feat and mentally must be incredibly tough. The man must desperately need a holiday and some more..
To be fair he hardly has to do a lot of running and at 24 should be fine. Had no support whatsoever today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.