3 | Ruben Dias - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dias took a step back from his imperious performances in 20/21. I'm not sure why. Maybe a dash of second season syndrome, or maybe he just doesn't have the same understanding with Laporte as he does with Stones. He is a tad slow for someone we expect to defend in a high line—not Maguire slow, but compare Dias in a footrace with Laporte or Stones and he definitely comes off the worse.

Harry Kane gave him the runaround at the Etihad, completely dominated him, and I think he was one of the main culprits of our collapse in the Madrid tie. Should have done better on Vinicius' goal in the first leg, went completely missing for that Rodrygo header, and of course conceded that daft penalty in extra time for the decider. Maybe we rushed him back from injury a little too quickly, I don't know.

I'm not saying he was bad, but he does have room to improve, and if he costs us again in serious moments next year like he did against Madrid, we should definitely be asking big questions of him.

The lad is on a mission,he's obsessed with being as good as he can be.

You can also see he loves to be the centre of attention and lead from the front,he is a natural Captain and just the man we were in need of given Dinho's departure.

The King is dead,long live the King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.