3 strikes and you're out

totallywired said:
Balo has to go, he`s now upsetting the rest of the squad. To be honest the guys a fuckin moron.

I told you - if he does not start tomorrow we will win - no matters who played. Yaya and Nigel does not want to play when prat (Mario) is on the field.

We are not going to get Cavani, and if we do it would have been a silly knee jerk reaction. He is more hot than good. He would not excel here any more than Dzeko has. Which many already find disappointing. Cavani is a function of the Napoli system. Watch him at Perlemo or for country, and you'd quickly notice he is just a good striker, not an exceptional one.

If he doesn't fit like a glove at City, which is very very likely, he'd average about 10 -15 goals a season for us. Something Dzeko currently does to a lot of groans. Do not drink the Cavani koolade, unless you plan on bringing his Napoli posse and switching tactics completely.

Dax777 said:
We are not going to get Cavani, and if we do it would have been a silly knee jerk reaction. He is more hot than good. He would not excel here any more than Dzeko has. Which many already find disappointing. Cavani is a function of the Napoli system. Watch him at Perlemo or for country, and you'd quickly notice he is just a good striker, not an exceptional one.

If he doesn't fit like a glove at City, which is very very likely, he'd average about 10 -15 goals a season for us. Something Dzeko currently does to a lot of groans. Do not drink the Cavani koolade, unless you plan on bringing his Napoli posse and switching tactics completely.

i agree.

if we are going napoli id take lavezzi before cavani although they are different type of players.

for what its worth , under the right guidance i can see dzeko coming good

stavros said:
Dax777 said:

i agree.

if we are going napoli id take lavezzi before cavani although they are different type of players.

In fairness, Dzeko has already come good. People just had higher expectations based on his Bundesliga pedigree. He has scored 13 goals in 16 starts. Cavani has 19 in 28 starts. Cavani is the center piece of Napoli and takes all the penalties. Dzeko is not City's center piece and doesn't even rank among penalty takers. Balo, Aguero, Milner, Tevez and Yaya all are ahead of him on that list. So most likely he'd never take a penalty for us unless he was on the verge of a hattrick and we were comfortably ahead. If he had taken the 4 penalties he had won. He'd have 17 goals in 16 starts and we wouldn't be talking about Cavani at all.

stavros said:

This is what many of us hopes.

And Dax you are correct about Cavani; he would be a very expensive gamble. Cavani-money could buy us a lot of quality in other positions.

Matt the Giant said:
stavros said:

This is what many of us hopes.

And Dax you are correct about Cavani; he would be a very expensive gamble. Cavani-money could buy us a lot of quality in other positions.
Hope we don't get clouded by the production/hype. I really think it is club aided.

Where's all this Sturridge talk come from again? We had sturridge, he wanted more money, he fucked off and now we are not going to pay him 150k a week and a 10m transfer. Not happening.

Nobody knows what will happen until the end of the season and then in the summer. We could still win the league, everyone ends up happy with a winners medal and nothing changes.

Dax777 said:
stavros said:
Dax777 said:

i agree.

In fairness, Dzeko has already come good. People just had higher expectations based on his Bundesliga pedigree. He has scored 13 goals in 16 starts. Cavani has 19 in 28 starts. Cavani is the center piece of Napoli and takes all the penalties. Dzeko is not City's center piece and doesn't even rank among penalty takers. Balo, Aguero, Milner, Tevez and Yaya all are ahead of him on that list. So most likely he'd never take a penalty for us unless he was on the verge of a hattrick and we were comfortably ahead. If he had taken the 4 penalties he had won. He'd have 17 goals in 16 starts and we wouldn't be talking about Cavani at all.

yes i know where your coming from.

in my opinion though there is a far better player in there than we have already seen.

although nobody can knock his goals record, i think there is definately more to come from him.

Dzeko will only ever work if we play with at least one excellent winger. He doesn't function without the ball being laid on a plate or delivered in the air.

Cavani isn't as great as people think.

Balotelli isn't as great as people (and he) think.

Dzeko will only ever succeed at City if someone has the faith in him to play him every game. He quickly loses any form he has when he's rotated.

Admittedly, I have only seen Cavani play against City & Chelsea. I appreciate what is being said about him playing for his country and in the Italian league but I just think he would thrive in the unique atmosphere of the Premier League, where there's far more intensity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.