30 years ago today...

manimanc

Just watching the leeds/west Brom game and I commented on the fact that the baggies kit reminded me of when we played them in 89.
Turns out it was 30 years ago today.
I was 15 at the time and went to the match, it was a midweek game on a Wednesday if I remember rightly. What's just struck me is my mum actually letting me go on a school night but things was very much different back then.
There was about 5 or 6 of us who went from hillock estate in whitefield and @ancoats was one of them.
Memories eh Ste? :)

Just watching the leeds/west Brom game and I commented on the fact that the baggies kit reminded me of when we played them in 89.
Turns out it was 30 years ago today.
I was 15 at the time and went to the match, it was a midweek game on a Wednesday if I remember rightly. What's just struck me is my mum actually letting me go on a school night but things was very much different back then.
There was about 5 or 6 of us who went from hillock estate in whitefield and @ancoats was one of them.
Memories eh Ste? :)

the great days of going to city without any hope of glory just going to the games for the love of city, wet windy snow never stopped us great times lee, we must get the gang back for a game for old time sake, i know john and simon don't live in manchester anymore kipp sadly past away but mike is still in whitefield

how funny was the race back into town from moss side for the last bus to whitefield ???? it was always better walking back from moss side into town but some scary nights and i always remember that dog jumping up the back yard wall near the pub it was about 6ft and all you could see was his head made me piss my pants

the great days of going to city without any hope of glory just going to the games for the love of city, wet windy snow never stopped us great times lee, we must get the gang back for a game for old time sake, i know john and simon don't live in manchester anymore kipp sadly past away but mike is still in whitefield

how funny was the race back into town from moss side for the last bus to whitefield ???? it was always better walking back from moss side into town but some scary nights and i always remember that dog jumping up the back yard wall near the pub it was about 6ft and all you could see was his head made me piss my pants
That'd be a great idea getting the old gang back together for a jolly boys outing.
Don't forget kev G too mate.
It was a fair old trek down oxford road and onto the ground but it was always a buzz walking there and back, us all having a laugh n that.
Then back home and going on mersey for a kick about :)

That'd be a great idea getting the old gang back together for a jolly boys outing.
Don't forget kev G too mate.
It was a fair old trek down oxford road and onto the ground but it was always a buzz walking there and back, us all having a laugh n that.
Then back home and going on mersey for a kick about :)

i think kev G went back to the dark side (utd) and after all our hard work in showing him the light hahahaha

tricky trevor sinclair has a lot of thanking us because all the 2 touch kick about on mersey drive school yard and between the corner with any small ball we could find, he really learnt his trade and we toughed him up street wise, but the lad was born with talent and you could see he was special

i think kev G went back to the dark side (utd) and after all our hard work in showing him the light hahahaha

tricky trevor sinclair has a lot of thanking us because all the 2 touch kick about on mersey drive school yard and between the corner with any small ball we could find, he really learnt his trade and we toughed him up street wise, but the lad was born with talent and you could see he was special
Has kev really gone back to utd? The bloody turncoat. Aye Trevor learnt a lot over all those years on mersey, he was head and shoulders above everyone even aged 10 and 11. Ded chuffed he made it, all of us are made up he went to the top.

Has kev really gone back to utd? The bloody turncoat. Aye Trevor learnt a lot over all those years on mersey, he was head and shoulders above everyone even aged 10 and 11. Ded chuffed he made it, all of us are made up he went to the top.

yep you just knew he would make the grade, last time seen trev funny story about when city played oldham in a friendly at oldham took my lad and talked to trev outside before the game my lad just looking with his mouth open and puzzled to why hahahaha and when city was warming up trev kicked us a ball and it went straight in my coat hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.