30 Years Ago

Thomas Hearns

In all the excitement of winning the league I forgot that this was yesterday. Still one of my favourite ever away days. “At long long last”

We're gonna be there boys..WOOOO! I often wonder what happened to that pissed up bloke who got interviewed before the game.

Last edited:
How did we not get a penalty in the first few seconds of that video for the keeper's challenge on Gleghorn, or was Reilly in charge of the referees then too?

didnt have a ticket went down 9am place was empty climbed over the wall in there end, locked my self in the bogs, an hour later 3 other blues did the same but where spotted climbing over dibble found us about 12pm, chucked out, but was inside the cordon that was put round the ground, bought a ticket of bradford fan offered him £15 he thought he won the lotto, i was in there end again bottom corner with loads of blues no aggro there was to many of us, on the pitch after the game, was a great day and it was the kind of game that made us fans what we are today, you older know what i mean.

P.S. i miss them type of away days, they are never to be seen again.

Wow, this bring back so many memories.

I'd been chasing girls for 20 years and one particular girl evaded me, however, in the days before the game, she rang me and asked if i fancied going to the cinema with her.

Unfortunately, it was the day of the game and with plans with mates already made for this game, I had to decline.

However, 2 days later, i took her to watch a film at Warrington UCI (I still have the tickets) - after I had sobered up and got rid of the hangover.

We got wed in 1998 and are still together!

Wow, this bring back so many memories.

I'd been chasing girls for 20 years and one particular girl evaded me, however, in the days before the game, she rang me and asked if i fancied going to the cinema with her.

Unfortunately, it was the day of the game and with plans with mates already made for this game, I had to decline.

However, 2 days later, i took her to watch a film at Warrington UCI (I still have the tickets) - after I had sobered up and got rid of the hangover.

We got wed in 1998 and are still together!
No doubt fascinating stories of inflatable bananas and Trevor Morley won her heart !

Climbing over stadium walls; going under turnstiles ;those were the days.Just got off the phone to someone;who went on pitch;and beyond at Notts County 35years ago...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.