31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a perfect keeper in football. Not much difference between Allison or Ederson.
Allison makes more saves and saves his team? His kicking is decent but ederson probably edges that. Just watch their performances this weekend to see the difference. Of course there isn’t a perfect keeper, but originally they’d have started as keepers because they could stop shots. Remarkably, for a goalkeeper that seems to be edersons weakness.

Fairly sure I saw table where he was the top of the expected 1v1 goals lost which suggest he stops many 1v1s compared to others.

It is just a by product of his style, he is too far out and looks to concede easy goals because he positions himself to sweep up in most scenarios, you can’t have both i guess
Then I choose staying in your fucking goal and playing with your feet when requested, Not being a bull in a china shop!

As a shot stopper, he is just above average, as a keeper playing out from the back with his feet distributing the ball, unless he has a brain fart, he is the best in the world, what does Pep want ? I'd sooner have a world class keeper with above average distribution.
A keeper will always stand out one way or another, he very rarely stands out as our savior just wow what a pass

Allison makes more saves and saves his team? His kicking is decent but ederson probably edges that. Just watch their performances this weekend to see the difference. Of course there isn’t a perfect keeper, but originally they’d have started as keepers because they could stop shots. Remarkably, for a goalkeeper that seems to be edersons weakness.
A prime Barcelona had Victor Valdes and that didn't do them any harm in winning trophies. Alisson is a bit more stable at the minute but he has been very shaky.

As a shot stopper, he is just above average, as a keeper playing out from the back with his feet distributing the ball, unless he has a brain fart, he is the best in the world, what does Pep want ? I'd sooner have a world class keeper with above average distribution.
A keeper will always stand out one way or another, he very rarely stands out as our savior just wow what a pass
our game is dictated by his ability to play out from the back. Pep will never get rid of him unless he loses that ability.

A prime Barcelona had Victor Valdes and that didn't do them any harm in winning trophies. Alisson is a bit more stable at the minute but he has been very shaky.
He had a dip. Could list quite a lot of shaky mistakes Ederson has made over the years. Maybe the answer is Haaland and being more clinical that the odd goal doesn’t hurt us but the fact is currently, if an awful lot of the time you concede when a shot goes on target then it will hurt you at some point. It’s hurting us currently but hopefully not to the point of losing the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.