31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a dip. Could list quite a lot of shaky mistakes Ederson has made over the years. Maybe the answer is Haaland and being more clinical that the odd goal doesn’t hurt us but the fact is currently, if an awful lot of the time you concede when a shot goes on target then it will hurt you at some point. It’s hurting us currently but hopefully not to the point of losing the title
And yet we won trophies regardless of that mythical shots to goals ratio stats which is meaningless. That stat is measured for teams who are fighting for their lives not the other fight the other end of the table.

Can't believe some of the crap I am reading tonight. Ederson whilst perhaps not having his best season is certainly not a liability.
I don’t believe what I’m reading here. I can’t really remember many fuck ups he’s made this season. Let’s go millions on a replacement when it’s not needed, sounds like a plan.

And yet we won trophies regardless of that mythical shots to goals ratio stats which is meaningless. That stat is measured for teams who are fighting for their lives not the other fight the other end of the table.
Mythical? Well yes he has. Conceding the first two shots on target against Madrid didn’t pan out well though. In the space of weeks it’s happened against Liverpool, Watford, Madrid, wolves, West Ham. We are a great team, so with our firepower we can overcome it more often than not. To not recognise that it happens and a lot is weird. Shot stopping is his weakest attribute, his strengths are fantastic and being best around at that will be what keeps him in the team. If that ever goes downhill he will be straight out if he can do neither.

I don’t believe what I’m reading here. I can’t really remember many fuck ups he’s made this season. Let’s go millions on a replacement when it’s not needed, sounds like a plan.
Should have gave a needless pen away at Newcastle. Got away with it by the skin of his teeth against Liverpool. Should have saved the second today, wolves goal wasn’t unsavable. I think that proves a point though. Previously in years gone by he’s had howlers that have cost us, united away, Liverpool away, even as recent as Southampton away last year. He seemed to save more at that point and was class at his feet so it wasn’t as bad. Considering this season there might not be as many glaring mistakes but people are growing tired of teams scoring from few chances might show that it’s happening and a bit too often. I’ve said it many times but he’s the last line of defence and if he’s saving very little then it’s not much use. I think everyone loves Eddie and his character but when he’s not pulling up any trees it’s ok to point it out.

Mythical? Well yes he has. Conceding the first two shots on target against Madrid didn’t pan out well though. In the space of weeks it’s happened against Liverpool, Watford, Madrid, wolves, West Ham. We are a great team, so with our firepower we can overcome it more often than not. To not recognise that it happens and a lot is weird. Shot stopping is his weakest attribute, his strengths are fantastic and being best around at that will be what keeps him in the team. If that ever goes downhill he will be straight out if he can do neither.
And yet we have an equal goals conceded record to Liverpool. There isn't a keeper in the world who would be perfect and would improve us that much.

He definitely needs competition and I mean real competition not someone who is gonna be happy sitting on the bench as second choice. All you ever hear is how he is the perfect keeper for us and how he's the best with his feet. Of course he's going to be complacent and not kick on with his game when he thinks he's untouchable and will never get replaced.

Should have gave a needless pen away at Newcastle. Got away with it by the skin of his teeth against Liverpool. Should have saved the second today, wolves goal wasn’t unsavable. I think that proves a point though. Previously in years gone by he’s had howlers that have cost us, united away, Liverpool away, even as recent as Southampton away last year. He seemed to save more at that point and was class at his feet so it wasn’t as bad. Considering this season there might not be as many glaring mistakes but people are growing tired of teams scoring from few chances might show that it’s happening and a bit too often. I’ve said it many times but he’s the last line of defence and if he’s saving very little then it’s not much use. I think everyone loves Eddie and his character but when he’s not pulling up any trees it’s ok to point it out.
I wouldn’t class any of them you’ve mentioned as howlers. He’s a high risk keeper, how many proper errors has he made over the course of the season? Hardly fuck all. People were on his back when Benzema scored his first at the etihad a few weeks ago, the shot hit the post and went in! He’s great in the air, no better keeper in the world football at play out from the back and he’s normally a reliable shot stopper. I’m not going to say he hasn’t let a few in recently which he should have saved, but I just think people are looking to much into it. For me, replacing him would be madness as he’s a Pep keeper and I just don’t see the need in getting rid of him and spunking millions getting another keeper in.

He definitely needs competition and I mean real competition not someone who is gonna be happy sitting on the bench as second choice. All you ever hear is how he is the perfect keeper for us and how he's the best with his feet. Of course he's going to be complacent and not kick on with his game when he thinks he's untouchable and will never get replaced.
Steffen can still do the job. Like all keepers he is bound to make a few mistakes along the way regardless in who we play. Good luck in finding a keeper who could do that job.

And yet we have an equal goals conceded record to Liverpool. There isn't a keeper in the world who would be perfect and would improve us that much.
You keep thinking goals conceded is only a reflection on ederson. It would be a travesty for a team to have as much possession as us, concede as few chances as we do and not have a good goals against column. Well just a good shot stopper and we’d concede even less, they just won’t bring what he does with his feet. I suppose we don’t need a striker then because we’ve scored the most goals. Cancel Haaland now city, don’t waste your money.

Steffen can still do the job. Like all keepers he is bound to make a few mistakes along the way regardless in who we play.

Steffen is not competition and Ederson knows it. That is what I'm saying. Sell Steffen and get someone in who is actually good enough to make Ederson think he has a chance of losing his place so he works harder on his flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.