32 Years Ago Today

Great memories, stood in the windy corner looking through the green mesh sheltering under the overhang of the North Stand roof.

How lucky can yer get. The only time my birthday fell on a matchday that I can recall was the Ginger PIg doing us in the 99th minute.
It was one of the few occasions we didn't leave early as well. My dad was a bus driver and used to do the football specials so normally we had to leave about 10 minutes before full time because had had to get back to the bus(we got in for free though!!)

For this game he was off do we managed to see all 11 goals

Ball awarded to David White

EIwtnspX0AEvctu

Good to hear the Kippax singing
"Oh Merseyside (Oh Merseyside)
Is full of Shit"
Great timing by the OP to post this vid.

Martin Tyler s commentary is even handed and informative ..he really was a great orator in his early days.
I managed to see all our ten goals before running at full pelt to catch the Football Special back into town...What a day.

Remember the Huddersfield fans continuing to support their team as the goals racked up, always had respect for them for their support that day. They even had a couple of decent chances at 0-0.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.