33 years ago today.....

manimanc

15th April, 1989, Blackburn away in a must win game to help our promotion push.

And what happened?

We got fuckin trounced 4-0.

I was there that day, the biggest highlight being one of the lads had the new album from New Order and we all had a listen on his Walkman (yes Walkman, anyone under 25 might have to Google that).

Can't belive it was 33 years ago.

15th April, 1989, Blackburn away in a must win game to help our promotion push.

And what happened?

We got fuckin trounced 4-0.

I was there that day, the biggest highlight being one of the lads had the new album from New Order and we all had a listen on his Walkman (yes Walkman, anyone under 25 might have to Google that).

Can't belive it was 33 years ago.

I have a Sony Walkman in my car.
( It's actually a MP3 player that is in my USB connector).

I was at that, was that when Hillsborough happened?
Remember a lad with a portable radio (remember them?) relaying the news to everybody.

Was there that day but also a guy called Simon Garner unfortunately

I was there with our kid. We hit the bar but not much else. Heard reports from Hillsborough on the rackety train back and everyone assumed it was hooliganism

I was there too, not our best performance made even worse by the news on the way home.
Arful day,one of the worst as a footy fan for me,along with 1985 and the 5-1 v charlton ( bradford disaster ) ,i will never ever
forget either,shook me and my mates to the core,knowing it could have been us or anyone else.
black day.

The footage is from a YouTube channel run by a Blackburn fan who hasn't yet mastered the complexities of the football calendar and thinks that April 1989 fell in the 1989-90 season......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.