33 years ago today.....

Left footed right back Ged Taggart got the blame along with Machin for selecting him there, out of position and inexperienced.

The crowd wanted Moulden and I think he did come on early than normal at 2-0, but City were not really at the races, and had got complacent after looking like promotion was a formality. It was standing in what is now the jack walker stand down the side then for away fans.

I was studying in Sheffield at the time and caught the train back there afterwards to be met by a chaotic city full of police, tv crews and football supporters wandering round in a daze

I think was the game when i was crammed in the Darwen end unable to move. Projectile pissed over an old guys mac. Sorry geezer
I stood down the side that day which they gave to us as well. I reckon we must have had 5-6k there that day out of a crowd of just under 17k. Shit performance and we had lost the game before the first half hour.

Left footed right back Ged Taggart got the blame along with Machin for selecting him there, out of position and inexperienced.

The crowd wanted Moulden and I think he did come on early than normal at 2-0, but City were not really at the races, and had got complacent after looking like promotion was a formality. It was standing in what is now the jack walker stand down the side then for away fans.
I was at this game and was just going to post that, Taggart was totally left footed and looked like a fish out of water at right back, bit like playing Zinchenco there against Liverpool nowadays.

15th April, 1989, Blackburn away in a must win game to help our promotion push.

And what happened?

We got fuckin trounced 4-0.

I was there that day, the biggest highlight being one of the lads had the new album from New Order and we all had a listen on his Walkman (yes Walkman, anyone under 25 might have to Google that).

Can't belive it was 33 years ago.

The incorrect heading of the video confused the fuck out of me for a minute as we were already in the 1st div in 89/90, was actually the 88/89 season

Went on own as mate couldn’t recover from bender we had night before

Rough as fuck going and seeing Taggert RB sobered me up

We got mullered and it was dodgy getting back to the platform and then we got news of those tragically losing there life watching football

Was numb all the way home thinking it could have been any fan watching there team

Remember it well, was there with Rochdale blues T & C, fucking awful day all round.
it’s fair to say the facilities at Eawood Park in those days were hardly Harvey Nichols private suite or Tunnel Club, the Darwin End ablutions was an alfresco floor level piss trough, thankfully it didnt rain else we would have needed waders. After a good run mid season we stumbled over the line that season, taking only six points from the last six games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.