33 years ago today.....

I was at this one, in the Blackburn seats. All I remember is City being awful, and the news of the increasing deaths filtering through as the game went in in tandem with their goals. My dad drove us home in total stunned silence as we listened to the radio and the bodies piled up.

Something always seemed to happen up there but Unlike most of our visits to Ewood, this was a terrible day.

I remember a group of us walking back to the mini bus devastated at our result, then putting the radio on and getting the reality check of all reality checks.

Its interesting to read football fans experiences not directly involved in that tragedy.. Was only 4 when this happened but can imagine how it felt coming back from an away game hearing about the events.

RIP to all effected.

I was there too, not our best performance made even worse by the news on the way home.
We were parked near a pub well up the hill on the way to Darwen and it must have been half an hour after the whistle before we got in there to see confused unprecedented pictures on tv. It was amazing that during our match and the long walk back no one had a clue what had happened in Sheffield, let alone the scale of it all.

I was also at the game and then found that horror story wasn't the real one and the perspective changed but the mood did not. My boss at the time was an Evertonian and knew people who knew people etc... Our Monday morning football chat saw us both holding back the tears.

I went to this game. Was my first ever away game on my 7th Birthday.
15th April, 1989, Blackburn away in a must win game to help our promotion push.

And what happened?

We got fuckin trounced 4-0.

I was there that day, the biggest highlight being one of the lads had the new album from New Order and we all had a listen on his Walkman (yes Walkman, anyone under 25 might have to Google that).

Can't belive it was 33 years ago.

that YouTube video has it as the wrong season, it was 1988-89.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.