34 years ago today....

Did Bernard say where the rest of the income went and why the figure was so much lower? Bernard was at that time responsible for all administrative matters at the club including ticket/turnstile sales and reporting of attendances.
Sadly I wasnt there for my own book launch / players reunion (didnt have a permanent green card at the time so wasnt allowed to leave the US) when Bernard made the claim, had I been I would have asked him a few more questions like "so what was the real attendance for the Bournemouth and Charlton games?"

Sadly I wasnt there for my own book launch / players reunion (didnt have a permanent green card at the time so wasnt allowed to leave the US) when Bernard made the claim, had I been I would have asked him a few more questions like "so what was the real attendance for the Bournemouth and Charlton games?"

On a totally unconnected point, I used to work in the Isle of Man, and I did hear that back in the 1980's banks there would be quite happy to entertain English chaps flying over from the north west with suitcases full of readies and stick them in nominee accounts, no idea what for.. anyone any ideas?

Yes, remember their keeper, Gary Walsh having a great game, looked like he'd go on to have a top career but didn't quite happen.
Wasn't the North Stand due to stay closed but had to open due to crowds. First trophy I ever saw us win.....early and late goals iirc.
For 3 or 4 years I used to tell anybody that would listen that Gary Walsh would be the best keeper England has ever seen of the back of that single performance.
Then I just went quiet and hoped everyone would forget I said it as it turned out it was a one-off performance

For 3 or 4 years I used to tell anybody that would listen that Gary Walsh would be the best keeper England has ever seen of the back of that single performance.
Then I just went quiet and hoped everyone would forget I said it as it turned out it was a one-off performance
Ha!
In fairness it was a two off performance as he played a blinder in both legs.
It was pretty much Paul Moulden v Gary Walsh in both games. Walsh even saved Lakey's penalty in the 1st leg - thankfully Lakey slotted home the rebound in front of us delighed (and relieved) fans.

My biggest sadness about the final is that not even the clubs themselves decided to film it. Would have been great to see footage of the game in particular the City fans walking alongside the pitch from the Main Stand into the North Stand and celebrating like mad as David Boyd ran over to them after his goal on 2 mins.
The lap of honour as the players did a quick jog past the few remaining rags in the Platt Lane end.... waving the trophy at them and dodging the odd missile and then the slow walk along the length of the Kippax taking in the admiration of us Blues fans stood there.... A fantastic night

I was there, brilliant night and the memories of a big crowd generating a fantastic atmosphere to cheer the boys to success makes me wonder why we’ve played our recent youth cup finals in a tiny toy stadium in front of a couple of thousand people.

602901_128404167344642_1064703684_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.