34 years ago today....

Moulden was too slow and not strong enough to be a top striker, despite his undeniable eye for goal. A top striker needs at least two of those three attributes. His career after City supports that contention.
Spot on, didn't he end up running a chippy in Glossop?

Edit. Just seen a post in another thread mentioning this last night.

Last edited:
46 goals in 183 League games, some in lower leagues. Not the ratio you want in a striker, I fear.

Lakey always stood out as the class act, but i thought paul molden would’ve had a better career than he did, natural goal scorer
It's funny, Someone once asked me in front of Lakey what was he like as a player and I said to be honest in that 86 youth team i didnt see a lot. He was number 9 but never a striker, too gangly looking for me.... But the following year when he was now 17 / 18 he just blossomed into this leader of the team and carried the team at times, losing in the semi final after a 3rd game v Coventry.
The further back he moved on the pitch the better he looked....

Would you describe him as either quick or physically strong?
i dont think he needed to be quick, he just knew where to be at the right time.
In terms of youth football he was very strong but i guess when 19 / 20 and up against 30 year old cloggers maybe not.
Was top scorer in the 88/89 promotion season when in and out of the side with Machin prefering Biggins or Oldfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.