34 years ago today....

Mad Eyed Screamer

29th April 1986
2nd leg FA Youth Cup Final
Manchester City 2 ( Boyd, Moulden)
Manchester United 0
Aggregate City 3 United 1

A great Tuesday night at Maine Road. The official attendance was 18,000 but a few years back Bernard Halford admitted there was 28,000 there - not bad seeing as the 1st team only got around 17 - 22,000 at the time and that the rags only brought around 2,000 away fans.

29th April 1986
Manchester United 0

A great Tuesday night at Maine Road. The official attendance was 18,000 but a few years back Bernard Halford admitted there was 28,000 there - not bad seeing as the 1st team only got around 17 - 22,000 at the time and that the rags only brought around 2,000 away fans.
Remember the night!! Memorys not the same now but im sure they paraded the trophy v luton? before last home game following sat, & their was prob less fans on that game

Great night. I remember their keeper had a brilliant game. It should have been 10!

Yep I was there too, think the crowd (according to the stats) when we beat Luton the Saturday after was only about 2k more
Did we also relegate Luton and get our own back ?

Great night. I remember their keeper had a brilliant game. It should have been 10!
Yes, remember their keeper, Gary Walsh having a great game, looked like he'd go on to have a top career but didn't quite happen.
Wasn't the North Stand due to stay closed but had to open due to crowds. First trophy I ever saw us win.....early and late goals iirc.

29th April 1986
Manchester United 0

Someone should write a book about it ;)

I remember getting into the Main stand quite early and every 15 minutes you'd see another section of the ground open up and fill with spectators - great night and atmosphere.

29th April 1986
Manchester United 0

Did Bernard say where the rest of the income went and why the figure was so much lower? Bernard was at that time responsible for all administrative matters at the club including ticket/turnstile sales and reporting of attendances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.