35 years ago today these 2 were released ...which do you prefer

I loved both at the time. Now though Ghostbusters has aged best. Peter Venkman being a sleazy womanizer has genuine comedy value to this day. I mean who doesn't want to stand in a lift with 3 unlicensed nuclear accelerators. It is just brilliant how they shift away from Ray as if it is going to help them one little bit should it all go pear shaped.

Ghostbusters is quality but always watch gremlins at christmas if it's on so
Gremlins, also the sequel was also better

Ghostbusters for me. One of those true phenomenon movies that changed so many after it. (At least that’s how it felt to a 9 year old).
The opening minutes of Star Wars was always going to be the daddy in that respect though.

Loved them both as a kid but can’t remember if it was the Odeon on Oxford Rd or the one in Withington i watched them.
The American werewolf in London was one of the first i watched on VHS as we’d just got a shiny new video recorder! Fcuk i’m getting old.

That year Indiana Jones and the temple of doom came out and repo man.

Both are better than eitherr film.

Plus that year had karate kid, once upon a time in america a good year for film

Gremlins, just. Back to the Future beats both though. Heres another classic 80s duel, both from 81
21934j.jpg

rw3wjr.jpg

I can't split them
Blue moon sang in aawil :)

Egon: Don’t cross the streams.

Peter: Why?

Egon: It would be bad.

Peter: I’m fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean “bad”?

Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Raymond: Total protonic reversal.

Peter: That’s bad. Okay. Alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.