36 Crosses....???

Add to that Pep picking a side that have barely played together, then making a bizarre change when Ake went off, to make Fernandhino CB, and Zinchenko LB, to accomodate Gundogan as some sort of hybrid DM/AM (no I've no idea where he was meant to be playing), and playing Mendy's useless twin at LM, and it's quite frankly no surprise we lost
Couldn't understand this move at the time and understand it even less now. Zinchenko, Fernandinho and Ake were playing ok.
If he wanted to bring in Gundogan then take off a straight replacement or move Zinchenko back in place of Mendy.
If his purpose was to replace Ake, then put on Garcia.

My word.. so many of you have short memories..we lose a game and all of a sudden we need this ,we need that..sometimes in life you get the rub of the green, not always though..we are top of the league, in a final ,in a semi final, and hopefully another semi after this week.. wtf do you boys want ? Personally hate this approach to the team..we have the best coach in the world, have had success beyond my wildest dreams, and still not good enough..quit picking holes..we are not Rags, we are City.. we can not win every game..if you think that Pep, the board do not recognise the need to progress, which they are surely doing, have faith in them..I understand a forum is about opinions, but equally the comments made are frankly ridiculous given where we are this season.
Good perspective.
Prior to the match I did think /hope it could be a 3:0, 4:0 kind of game tbh.
Bit of general complacency, arrogance maybe?There have been times over the years, even in recent times when we've had an exceptional team where we think we can simply 'just turn up' and get a result.
Listened on the radio and did feel a bit like 'one of those days'. Leeds have proved to be a solid mid table team this season to be fair . Should we stoll be beating a 10 man Leeds team though? Undoubtedly yes.
Maybe a bit of a wake up call .
We are used to 'cock ups' big time and the press seem to be really pushing the idea that the Rags can catch us in a reverse of 2012, which is a possibility. However as loads of others have said, (even though they are probably better than we like to think ) this Utd team isn't a patch on City 2012, and indeed the current City team is miles better than Utd of 2012 (if that all makes sense).

Couldn't understand this move at the time and understand it even less now. Zinchenko, Fernandinho and Ake were playing ok.
If he wanted to bring in Gundogan then take off a straight replacement or move Zinchenko back in place of Mendy.
If his purpose was to replace Ake, then put on Garcia.
I think Ake got a knock, he was feeling something about 5 minutes before and limped away, but whatever it was it made no sense at all.

Lofting crosses into the box is useless , especially in our present team, getting behind the full backs and hitting the ball hard and low across the 6 yard box is so difficult to defend, yesterday we forgot how to do that.
Isn't that why we have a Manager or a Captain on the field. Not the first time and yet its so frickin obvious that's how you unbalance a deep defence.

I just wish we'd drill some more low from outside the area mate.
We did put in some low crosses yesterday, every one hit the first defender in a packed area. Zinchenko put some excellent whipped outswingers into the area, not chipped or lofted, perfectly good pacy crosses like the free kick that Stones headed wide just before HT.

My word.. so many of you have short memories..we lose a game and all of a sudden we need this ,we need that..sometimes in life you get the rub of the green, not always though..we are top of the league, in a final ,in a semi final, and hopefully another semi after this week.. wtf do you boys want ?
No short memory here, we've won 28/30 games, but that doesn't excuse yesterday, and they are all now history.

The important games are the ones to come, but yesterday was very reminiscent of the early games of this season, trying to walk the ball into the goal, badly missed chances etc etc, vulnerable to counter attacks, players well below par, and for half the game we had an extra player.

Quite simply it wasn't good enough, and way below the standards we have set in the last 3 or 4 months (and we still should have won).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.