39 found dead in lorry in Essex

B B

blueinsa

As per title, shocking.

25 year old man from N.Ireland arrested, presumably the driver.

Container that came in from Bulgaria via Holyhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like they were in that container a long time. Must’ve been truly horrific but I don’t imagine the traffickers give a fuck.
RIP

RIP to the poor souls. That's a hell of a long route they've been taken on it seems.

It appears at first look to have been a sea journey that they possibly thought would be done by road and they have been in there a long time.

Its sickening and a horrific death.

It appears at first look to have been a sea journey that they possibly thought would be done by road and they have been in there a long time.

Its sickening and a horrific death.
It does. Something has gone wrong with the checks if they didn't get found until they got to Essex. It's on the BBC site now that it would add 24hrs to the journey and it may be they were attempting this route because the checks are not as thorough at these ports, or perceived as so. You would think that the driver that picks up the container would do a visual check himself, I think I would.

It does. Something has gone wrong with the checks if they didn't get found until they got to Essex. It's on the BBC site now that it would add 24hrs to the journey and it may be they were attempting this route because the checks are not as thorough at these ports, or perceived as so. You would think that the driver that picks up the container would do a visual check himself, I think I would.
If a container has a legitimate security seal in place it is difficult for the driver as they are unable to carry out a physical inspection of the contents of their load.

No idea if that is the case here. I'm sure the driver has been arrested in order to preserve evidence.

If a container has a legitimate security seal in place it is difficult for the driver as they are unable to carry out a physical inspection of the contents of their load.

No idea if that is the case here. I'm sure the driver has been arrested in order to preserve evidence.
Yes, of course. I should have added "if permitted".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.