39 found dead in lorry in Essex

Border control, on both sides of the channel missed a truck with 39 people in it??

I was under the impression they could detect human presence, when there was an unusually high number for the vehicle in question?

RIP to the victims. Sounds an awful way to go. I doubt the driver will be convicted tbh but if he did hear their shouts and didn't pull over, he deserves to face the full force of the law.

Just read that the container came over from Ireland, I just hope this journey wasn't something to do with those fuckers at Ryanair

Supposedly the driver drove the cab all the way from Ireland via Holyhead to pick the trailer up in Essex only to deliver it a few miles away to the industrial estate. (which has been an area previously used for unloading of immigrants from lorries according to locals)

Why would a driver travel all the way from Ireland to Essex just to move a trailer a few short miles?

For the whole trip. Including the ferry travel.
The report I read said he picked the trailer up from Purfleet, drove it a few miles to the industrial park and the police were called within 30 minutes of him arriving.

If true, it's fair to assume they were all dead before he even collected the trailer, in which case he obviously wouldn't have heard anything.

Either way, I think it's bang out of order that his name and photo are already all over the media when so few facts are known.

Seems very odd that the first call to emergency services came at 2am when the trailer had just been parked up at the side of the road in the industrial estate. It's not like the bodies were discovered when it was opened up ready to be unloaded which is what you'd expect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.